what can i do? (military question)

my best friend is leaving for the navy on monday i wont be able to talk to him until like 4 months i guess he needs to finish boot camp he is not sure about after boot camp all he knows is their sending him for some schooling or something im not really sure how that works so what can i do to im to make him feel special. he already left chicago because he wanted tospend some time with his fam so i can do anything in person

Alejandra10

Asked by Alejandra10 at 4:10 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Money & Work

• If you live in Chicago, you are not too far from the base. Maybe you and he can arrange to meet when he is on liberty after he graduates. Usually they get liberty until 9 pm during graduation weekend.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:41 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Make him a care package of things he will need. In boot camp it's pretty limited as far as what they are allowed. Is he religious? Does he have a bible? They are allowed to have a bible to read. My hubby read the entire bible while at boot camp. You can also give him stamps, envelopes, paper. When my hubby's family would write him they always included an envelope with 2 pieces or paper and a stamp to write them back. But there isn't much else you could include. Maybe a phone card, pretty sure they can't use their cell phones. And their phone calls are limited as well. My hubby is army, so not sure how much it differs from the navy.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 4:14 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• You can send him letters. Yes he's going to boot camp and then A school (training for his job). When my husband was in boot camp I sent hm letters, cards, pictures. (That's all you can really do)
    Now if you guys are really close you can always fly out and see him graduate and spend the weekend with him.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:15 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• 2 blondbabies you are close but we aren't allowed to send care packages. I tried and it was taken away from my husband even though it only had writing material in it. Yes cell phones aren't allowed and you'll be lucky to get 1 call a month.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:17 PM on Aug. 13, 2010