why wont my 14 month old kiss anyone?

She kisses and hugs all her dolls and toys...and she will do it when you say give kiss and hug. but she wont do it to me or anyone else? why??

ava8107

Asked by ava8107 at 10:46 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Maybe cause she is used to the people that take care of her giving her hugs and kisses so when she takes care of her dolls she thinks it's her job to give them the hugs and kisses. And maybe they are less intimidating cause they are small? Don't worry she will eventually give everyone kisses my son just started giving kiss not that long ago and he is 2. For along time his version of a kiss was giving you his forehead to kiiss it. Now he gives the sweetest little kisses.
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 10:55 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I agree with teddybear. My daughter would "kiss" her stuffed animals but when asked to give me a kiss, she would turn her own check so I could kiss her. She's 26 months and has only recently started trying to kiss me or her dad.

And yes, you may know other babies near her age who do give kisses. It's hard but try to remember that all babies are different. It is very, very true and they get even more different as time goes on.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:12 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• It could be a stage that shes going through. One week she will want to kiss everything and everyone and the next she wont kiss anyone. Dont worry she still loves you and everyone that loves her
    Goingthruitall

Answer by Goingthruitall at 11:58 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• lol, my daughter only ever does that when she has a cold..i will go and try to give her kiss on the lips, and she turns her head and says no mommy, kiss the cheek..im sick!!! lol..its cute..but i have no idea where she got it from..probably her dad whenever shes there on the weekend...
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:06 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Maybe she needs to hang out with my daughter who puckers up for strangers at the grocery store. I think it probably a phase and she will lstart kissing just let her watch you kissing dad or her dolls/animals and she will get it.
    EmmieandMom

Answer by EmmieandMom at 10:23 PM on Oct. 9, 2008