does school shopping make you sad?

my oldest is now an 8-10. it makes me sad to see him go into the big boy section at the stores :(
(not to mention everything is a little more expensive too!)

happy2bmom25

Asked by happy2bmom25 at 4:13 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• YES!! Not necessarily the school clothes but shopping in the big girl section for my oldest made me tear up and almost cry. Lol
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:14 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• It makes my bank account sad..... 3 boys, all growing like weeds can get very expensive.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 4:22 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• mrsleft, we had a babysitter with 4 boys, and she talked of going through gallons of milk and loaves of bread each day! (they are all grown now!)

memi- that is what i mean! wherer did my little guy go???
    happy2bmom25

Comment by happy2bmom25 (original poster) at 4:25 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• not until i get through the checkout.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 4:33 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Funny... the end of the school year makes me sad. Graduations, changing schools all those things make me realize how big the kids are getting.

When it comes to school shopping I feel like the guy in that old Office Depot commercial "It's the Most Wonderful Time... Of the Year.." (Makes me laugh every time)
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 4:37 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• it makes me sad that we can't afford to go school shopping, or get dd 'nice' school clothes :( my mom wanted to buy her some school clothes but they're having money problems as well...
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 6:27 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• My 3 year old starts pre-k 3 It's only 3 days a week for a few hours a day, but im going to miss her so much! We are best friends.. How sad that is, but I don't know what i did with out her!! I can't imagine when she starts kindergarton.. Its like they are stealing our babies away!! WAAAHHHHH :))))
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 8:44 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I really like buying stuff so I get excited to see all the option and all the choices I have to pick from.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 11:04 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I get upset when my 6 years old BABY girl tells me i'm not "in style" (me 26) what!! She like to pick her own clothes out. I want pretty flowers and dresses and she wants skinny jeans and peace shits and pink headbands. like so 80 i grew with with jabo jeans (spell check) and flannel . hehe remember when huh!
    Cajuntexan03

Answer by Cajuntexan03 at 1:35 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I miss shopping in the younger kids section. it doesn't help that the clothes are so cute. What makes me sad is how he has grown over the summer. There isn't a scrap of baby fat left on him. He went from pleasantly round to long and lanky with big kid feet I just know will pain to buy shoes for.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 6:42 AM on Aug. 14, 2010