Easter Seals and Asperger's. . . Anybody have info?

So my SO's son was screened at school for asperger's. Now, I'm trying to figure out what to do next. Does anyone have experience with Easter Seals and the services they offer for asd? He is 10 by the way. Do I need to get him diagnosed somewhere else before I can use their services? IDK, this is starting to feel a bit overwhelming. Any info or advice is appreciated.

KandDsmama1

Asked by KandDsmama1 at 4:19 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• contact them

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:20 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Someone mentioned them to me when my oldest was diagnosed with autism, but I never followed up. Contact your local autism society - they should have loads of information for you about where to go locally.

Answer by missanc at 4:51 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• You should probably call your local chapter to see what, if any, services would be offered. Here, Easter Seals doesn't have anything for older children/adults with high-functioning autism or Asperger's. Most programs are geared toward children and adults who are profoundly autistic and/or MR. They also offer a preschool program, but mostly lower functioning children attend the program.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 7:01 PM on Aug. 13, 2010