Anyone work from home? or in a call center with night hours?

I am loosing my mind being home all the time and we need the extra income with the economy the way it is! anyone work in a callcenter in or around Rockland MA ?? or know of a legitimate work from home job that doesnt have any start up costs?

Mrs_Chris_Pukt

Asked by Mrs_Chris_Pukt at 4:32 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Money & Work

• No work at home "job"  should have start up costs, never pay someone to work for them. The work at home things that you do have to pay for are Home Business like Ameriplan, Mary Kay, Pampered Chef, etc.
    There are a lot of legitimate jobs and businesses you just kinda have to weed through the yucky stuff and learn what to look for. Below are some things you should look for:

-Credentials(BBB, Chamber of Commerce, etc)
    -Address of corp office(NO P.O boxes)
    -Name of the companies CEO/Owners
    -Product or Service that is being offered(without one of those then it is a pyramid & illegal)

Find something that you will enjoy doing because it takes a lot to work from home so you need to make sure that you will enjoy it. Good Luck and let me know if I can be of any other help :-)

ChristinaAtHome

Answer by ChristinaAtHome at 5:06 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• thanx!
    Mrs_Chris_Pukt

Comment by Mrs_Chris_Pukt (original poster) at 5:28 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I have some ideas and opportunities in my Blog:   Mavi's Home Work

There is a post with a list of companies that hire for telecommuting positions:  Call Center

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:59 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:39 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• im a waitress and i love it cause i pretty much cant sit still but being pregnant with dizzy spells im a liability =/ I love paper work though and im very organized so i figure something along the lines would be best in this situation..
    Mrs_Chris_Pukt

Comment by Mrs_Chris_Pukt (original poster) at 8:57 AM on Aug. 14, 2010