Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

What would you do in my position ?

My husband recently passed away leaving me with 2 young children.... I knew he had, had an affair with this very sleazy woman ( the woman in the office who flirts with EVERY man who passes by her) ... Nothing was said until AFTER I got alot of money after he passed ..and now she is saying that her 2 year old is my husbands. Both of my children are carbon copies of him ( blonde hair, blue eyes) ... and this woman also has blonde hair blue eyes, the baby has black hair, brown eyes, and she refuses to do a DNA test ( with my children) saying that MY kids probably arent his and I am "trying to screw her out of her entitled money" . I hate her so much and she has even made a Facebook page where people comment on how I NEED to give her money . I hate her so much and I don't even know what to do. Am I missing something, does she deserve any money? Can I get a order on her if she is just sending me things through facebook ?


Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

This question is closed.
Answers (13)
  • If you "need" to give her money then she "NEEDS" to prove it. And that is that!

    Answer by firenicecream at 4:49 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

  • Absolutely refuse until she agrees to a paternity test. If she's so certain the 2yo is his, she shoud be willing to do it.

    Sorry you are going thru this. She sounds horrible.

    Answer by anng.atlanta at 4:39 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

  • Get an order for a DNA test.

    Answer by Cochise at 4:39 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

  • Take her to court and demand a DNA test. Other wise don't give her a penny. Heaven knows whom that child's father is. She could just want the money.


    Answer by elly25 at 4:40 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

  • Simply tell her this.

    If she wants, and believes she is entitled to a portion of the money.. Take you to court for it where a DNA test will be ordered to prove her entitlement.. Otherwise..STFU and go on about her life and business.
    If she has a legit claim, then she can take you to court to prove it.

    Aside from that. I'm sorry that you are having to deal with her & the situation as it is.


    Answer by pixie_trix at 4:41 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

  • If she persues it in court, you will have to supply DNA anyway plus the added expense of lawyer/court crap. Go ahead and submit it now and get it over with assuming you can emotionally handle another trauma. She needs to give you time to grieve before you are expected to pick up and move on, otherwise she is being a nasty, money hungry bitch.

    Answer by modaddict17 at 4:42 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

  • If she is only doing things on facebook and she hasn't done anything legally...she really is just trying to piss you off...and she is doing a good job at it too. The more I think about this........... you really need to try and ignore it as hard as it is....unless she does something legally you have not a thing to worry about ...and if she does do something CAN get a court order for a dna test.

    Answer by Cochise at 4:43 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

  • I like ur answer pixie

    Answer by modaddict17 at 4:43 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

  • I'm sorry this is happening to you. If she can't prove paternity, you don't owe her a dime. She has to have a paternity test (or in your case I think they call it a sibling study where they prove children are from the same parentage). You can block her on facebook, and also report her for harrassment/cyber harrassment. If nothing else, there will be a record of your call in case she escalates to harrassing you in person. A record is very helpful if it comes down to trying to get a restraining order. Good luck, and I am sorry for your loss.

    Answer by rhianna1708 at 4:44 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

  • I would simply do my best to ignore her. If she is serious enough about this to sue you, then let her sue. At that time, the courts will probably require the DNA testing to verify her claim. Right now, it seems to me that this is just a woman making wild accusations, and I would really try to just not pay any attention to her. If the stuff on Facebook bothers you, just stop going there. Sometimes, if you ignore a person, she will just go away.

    Answer by NannyB. at 4:44 PM on Aug. 13, 2010