What would you think if you saw an obviously pregnant woman having a glass of wine with dinner?

AmyLynn5398

Asked by AmyLynn5398 at 4:50 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Well it's better when "obviously pregnant" than when the baby is less developed. Personally it wouldn't really bother me as long as it was just ONE small glass of wine, most likely that is not going to harm the baby in the third trimester.

However I would never do it myself. Not only am I not sure enough it wouldn't do any harm to be comfortable with it, but it's sure to just invite the drama (or at least some pointed glares) if you're doing it in public. I don't need a glass of wine that badly. And it sort of seems like the mom drinking in public while pregnant is saying, "Yeah, so what? I DARE you to say something." I have better things to do with my life than shocking strangers.
    CrunchyCon

Answer by CrunchyCon at 2:15 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• One glass won't hurt. I didn't drink at all during my pregnancy but I know doctors say that one occasional glass of wine isn't bad.
    bensmybaby

Answer by bensmybaby at 4:52 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Mind my own business. While I do not agree with drinking while pregnant at all (I even gave up coffee) I realize that some medical professions advocate a glass once in a while while expecting. Not my body or my baby, not my choice.
    Also who's to say it is wine? It could be none alcoholic or even juice.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 4:52 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I hope thats the only one she's having

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:51 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Nothing. A small glass occasionally is fine. Regardless, I don't get why people think that everything is their damn business.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 4:53 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I would be careful what I said because I have seen women I thought were pregnant... and I wanted to tell them congratulations.... but really they just carried extra weight in their mid section.... how embarrassing if I would have said something.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 4:53 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I saw it all the time when I lived in Italy.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 4:55 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I wouldn't think anything. I try to mind my own business. If we're out to eat either kids are with me and I have little time to even notice those around me..or I'm alone with my husband and I choose to ignore everyone around us because our alone time is so rare.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:57 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I personally would never do it, because I'm of the opinion that even one drink can hurt a fetus. But I know some doctors approve of one glass on occasion, so I would keep my mouth shut. Honestly, what people do is their own business. I have no right to go up and start preaching my opinions to a perfect stranger. If she asked me my opinion, I'd probably give it to her, but it's none of my business otherwise. But that doesn't mean that I have to like it.
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 5:06 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I wouldnt think anything of it. Now, if she was sitting there drinking a bottle of Jack Daniels that would be a different story,lol. I dont think a glass of wine here and there is a big deal during pregnancy.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:22 PM on Aug. 13, 2010