How can I make my 2 yr old take a nap?

She sleeps in a toddler bed and she can climb her gate.. so I can't get her to stay in bed. And because she doesn't take a nap she cries and fights all day long.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:14 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My 2.5 YO has quiet time every day after lunch. HAS to stay in his room for 2 hours. We start by reading stories, then I put him in bed. If I hear him running around & being loud, he gets a time out. He can play QUIETLY or sleep or "read" to his toys. Some days he sleeps; some days he doesn't. But he knows the rules.

Good luck.
    Squirrell34

Answer by Squirrell34 at 9:30 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Install another gate right over top of the first one.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 5:19 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• mine quit taking naps at 2 lol...he is up all day and goes to bed around 7pm...my DD sometimes will tkae a nap but not all the time though....good luck :)
    MommyOf2kids67

Answer by MommyOf2kids67 at 5:20 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Well, you can't really force her to sleep, but try starting a naptime routine the same time everyday, when you know she's at least somewhat tired. Something like go to her room, put her in her bed, read her a book or two, make her room dark and then leave. If she gets up, go put her back in bed. You may be putting her back to bed A LOT the first several days, but eventually she may get the idea that she needs to be sleeping, or at least resting quietly. Hope this helps.
    MagnoliaQueen

Answer by MagnoliaQueen at 5:29 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I worked in child care with children 18mo.-36mo for about 2years ....... Best advice I can give you is .... teach her it is quiet time (same time everyday... no matter what for at least 27 days) give about three quiet options she can do instead of napping,  if she is tired she will end up in bed asleep,  if not at least she is quiet and relaxing

lmt_mom2010

Answer by lmt_mom2010 at 7:31 PM on Aug. 13, 2010