Potty Training with a younger sibling?

Okay, I have a 28 mo. old daughter and a 9 mo. old son. We're attempting to potty train my daughter. We went diaper-less for about 4 days and she did great. Only a few accidents and she even pooped a couple of times. We seem to have lost steam though. She refuses panties and screams for her diaper. When she has the diaper on though, she doesn't ask to go potty ...she just goes in her diaper. I should probably be taking her to the potty every half hour or so so she can try but it is really hard with my 9 mo. old crawling around. He obviously wants in the bathroom with us and is all over my daughter every chance he gets. She gets really possessive of her potty, etc. and spends the whole time defending the bathroom from her brother instead of focusing on the task at hand. I need suggestions. Please help.

ANGIE409

Asked by ANGIE409 at 5:15 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• can you put the younger one in a pack and play during potty time? i've been kinda in the same boat, but different ages. i have a 20 month old and a 2 month old. when we started a month ago, i would just lay the baby down on her changing table which is right across the hall from the potty. hes pretty much got it down now, but when he yells poo i have no time to waste haha. the baby goes right down in her crib and we run to the potty. its definitely been challenging but so worth it.
    sweetjpea

Answer by sweetjpea at 8:06 PM on Aug. 13, 2010