Anyone know some things that might help with falling asleep? (for me, not the kids) and I dont want to use sleeping pills.

Asked by Bopples at 11:33 PM on Jun. 29, 2008 in Health

• find cspann on tv and turn that on. you'll sleep like a coma patient.

Answer by princezzmommie at 11:42 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• Well besides sleeping pills, you can try warm milk. Dr. Oz says it has chemicals in it to help you sleep. Also, make sure you only have sex and sleep in bed, no other activities. I take "Simply Sleep". It is the sleep aid from Tylonel PM. (without the Tylonel in it, so it's basically Benodryl) I take that if I don't want to take my prescription sleeping pills. Good luck!!

Answer by noellesmama at 11:43 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• 5 HTP is a wonderful supplement that is all natural and it really works. Try some warm milk was right it does cause sleepiness...put it in chamomile tea if ya have any...and enjoy sweet dreams!

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 12:11 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I agree with MommasCooCoo, chamomile tea is great for relaxation and should help you sleep. It calms you when your nervous also.

Answer by Sexymom75 at 1:16 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Any type of hot tea that has chamomile mint greentea with lemon and make sure its caffeine free...also you could try taking a warm bath before you drink the tea so you are nice and clean and feel comfortable and cozy in your bed.. youll also feel calmed :) good luck!

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:24 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Maybe a glass of wine?? Or try some tea:)

Answer by Wow2boyz at 2:29 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Valerian root is an excellent sleep aid, and someone mentioned 5htp or Triptofen (sp?) thats the same stuff in turkey that makes you sleepy lol, you could try a hot turkey sandwich :)

Answer by Xynyth at 10:00 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• My son takes melatonin which is an herb that you can buy at GNC. It is supposed to also help adults.

Answer by redtang912 at 3:41 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• You could dimming the lights and turning off the t.v. working with their natural cicadian rythms. Valerian root is great. I have one that is a dropper for kids. Magnesium and calcium are great for calming I give my kids a liquid everynight. Of course no juice or sugar a few hours before bed.

Answer by Roxanne0607 at 9:04 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I know a natural supplement to help with sleep problems. PM me for more information. Have you tried praying?

Answer by MentorByDesign at 3:40 PM on Jul. 8, 2008