Side by Side Jogging Stroller vs Tandem

I am in the market for a double stoller and can't decide if I want a jogging or tandem stroller. I like the jogging stroller, but will be using it to go to the mall and stores, etc. Does anyone have a problem fitting through doorways and aisles? Which brand of jogging or tandem stroller do you recommend?

snugglybuggly

Asked by snugglybuggly at 5:34 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have a Graco Duoglider ...it is large but very nice. The kids are both comfortable in it. They both have trays, sun shades and can recline. There is plenty of room underneath for just about anything. You have to consider the age difference when picking strollers...the side by side can be nice for kid's who tend to entertain eachother. However, it can be bad for hair pulling, "mommy he took my..." , etc.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 5:46 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Is the duoglider a jogger? What is that stroller where one kid going UNDER the other? Ive seen several people with them and it just looks like the BEST for jogging, especially since its not much if at all bigger than an average single stroller. I personally would rather have a side by side, just because it seems more stable if you're using it a lot. If its just occassionally, I guess a tandem would make more sense since it will fit through most if not all doorways.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 6:20 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I say jogger my neighbor says there better.
    SassyDee01963

Answer by SassyDee01963 at 3:05 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Do you have twins? Or kids close in age? My kids are 18 months apart and we bought a Phil & Ted (We got the Vibe, there's lots of different models that are all about the same just different features and prices). The are 3-wheeled and considered a jogger. They're all much lighter weight than almost any double stroller, they maneuver well....Anyway, we LOVE ours.
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 6:30 PM on Aug. 14, 2010