Did you know....?

Did you know that Graco and Best Buy also contributed a large amount of money to Anti-Gay rights republican candidate Tom Emmer? Looks like I won't be shopping at Best Buy or purchasing Graco products any time soon!

FeelinYummy

Asked by FeelinYummy at 5:35 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Both Target and Best Buy contributed to an organization that is promoting Rep. Emmer who seems to be anti-gay.I am disappointed in both companies. They are headquartered in Minneapolis,MN. My hometown.
    I am discouraged by that. Obviously,I am not a Conservative Republican.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 6:11 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Define "anti-gay rights" - because if you are talking about marriage being between and man and woman - then I hope you didn't vote for Obama because he also has anti-gay rights!!!
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 5:53 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Yeah! We buy lots of stuff at Best Buy! Who knew we were unwittingly supporting like minded individuals!

Seriously, I don't consider political persuasion when I shop..I consider the products and the value for my money. Besides, I don't have time to "vet" every place I shop at or every product I buy.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 6:13 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• i hadn't heard this yet, but i never boycott out of political reasonings. to me, its counter-productive. the more, say, BB is boycotted by pro-gay rights, the more the anti-gay will purchase. come to think of it, it may be good for the economy...
    i remember when everyone (mostly fundies..yes, i'm speaking of my peeps,etc.) was boycotting disney or kimberly-clark because of some employment/benefits-thing for gay employess (or something..the memory isn't that good, after all)...i found it ludicrous..like i was going to turn my back on many beloved characters, or not buy tampons or toilet paper!! silly.
    IMO, of course.
    now, if i get repeated bad service, THEN i'll boycott an establishment...and tell everyone my horror story.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:48 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I saw that earlier. The PAC Target gave money to has also donated to Democrat candidates who are for gay rights in the past. There were two people picketing the Target by my house and my husband said there were 6 people picketing his warehouse. He sent them out Target umbrellas and Market Pantry water it was really hot here. They accepted them so he said was pretty comical to see them with boycott signs while holding umbrellas with the Target logo all over them. If I boycotted every place that donated to Democrat candidates who were for everything I am against I would be stuck at home.

momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 6:17 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Looks like I will be supporting Graco and Best Buy then. It is about time someone has the guts to stand up against it! And evil? oh my, it is evil to support the gay lifestyle ;)
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 6:00 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I learned this about Target and Best Buy last week (didn;t know about Graco, Inc.). But like the others have said, to boycott a company that you frequented prior to learning about their political endorsements SOLELY because you do not agree with their choices means you're only inconveniencing yourself.

Being forced to join a teacher's union is bad enough, especially when I don't agree with the party or the candidate, and it certainly doesn't make me all warm and fuzzy when they ask for ADDITIONAL contributions to fund Democratic PACs, which I can and DO refuse! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:44 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I personally don't give a crap.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 8:03 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• So .... seriously ... people are claiming that those companies donated to the candidate in order to suppress Gay Rights ?
    It is seriously being contended that these companies are focussing on opposing gays ?!

Is it possible that the candidate might be committed to stuff like - oh, I don't know - gov't policies to ENCOURAGE MORE JOBS, or to DECREASE DEFICIT GOV'T SPENDING ... and also has some opinions which gay activists don't like ... is it possible ?!

NoOOoo ... those nasty businessmen are solely focussed on gay rights as the measure of every candidate for office.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 12:07 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• It's Graco, Inc. Not Graco Children's Products, Inc. Graco, Inc. deals with fluid handling equpment.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:50 PM on Aug. 13, 2010