Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any suggestions on what to do with an ex/babymama that don't realize it's over

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (5)
  • Restraining order? One can request that the only contact be made for visitation

    Answer by littlestar85257 at 5:43 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

  • You don't have to do anything. Thats he psycho problem if she can't get over it. Your dh/so is the one that is going to have to put a stop to it all. He can do that by just ignoring her.Only talking to her when its about the kids and leaving it at that. Over time, she will probably find another man and leave you guys alone. AS the new gf/wife...I would just stay out of it as much as I could.

    Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:43 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

  • I am assuming you are referring to a baby momma of a SO that you currently have. In a way if the child is his it a certain level of relationship will always be there to maintain child/father contact, but if it is drama or inappropriate- especially in from of the child then it is possible that the courts may be able to arrange supervised/mediated visitations and otherwise have a no contact order between her and the father if it warrants it. Also if she violates this no contact order it may be possible that he get custody of his child if he doesn't have already..... these are just a few thought to go on.

    Answer by hotrodmomma at 5:44 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

  • Welcome to the Hell that is My Life! I've been with my husband for 10 years (married for 5). She was crazy in the beginning. I thought she would eventually move on. She hasn't. Now I am just counting the years until my SS graduates from high school (SIX!) and we are able to block all of her calls and e-mails. In a normal divorce situation where both parents are able to put aside their difference and co-parent for their children's sake, this would not be necessary. But since she won't stop harrassing and threatening us, then she's lost that privilege.

    I recommend that you and your SO work with a counselor who specializes in personality disorders and discuss how to set up and enforce Boundaries to protect your marriage from her.

    Answer by Micksbabe at 5:57 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

  • personally I don't get myself involved in relationships like that for this reason. The guy might be GREAT but if he has a kid on someone else I will not even date the person-I don't need that drama.

    If you're not married you may want to really consider if this is a relationship you really want to be in.

    Answer by cattiesmom78 at 7:22 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.