Am I wrong to feel I don't owe people an explanation?

My husband and I have decided not to have any more children than our one son. Since I take the city bus a lot for some reason we are frequently asked when we are going to have another. I always just say that we are not planning any more but hubby always gets embarrassed and starts to explain about my medical issues and why we have decided this. I don't feel it any of anyone's business.

luvsmysonjames

Asked by luvsmysonjames at 5:43 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Health

• You don't need to explain anything to anyone, especially strangers on the bus! I wouldn't want anyone like that to know my medical history. Creepy!!

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 6:28 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• You totally shouldn't have to give them an explanation. A simple "no" when asked if you're having more is plenty.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 5:49 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• No, you dont have to explain anything like that. And they probably arent looking for an explanation either...just making conversation by asking if your gonna have anymore.
    I wouldnt worry about it. But it sounds like hubby does. Just tell him you dont want people to know your personal business like that.Its your body, your health. All ya have to say when asked that is "No, this lil guy right here is all we need" and smile and change the subject.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:50 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Tell them you like to idea of being able to spoil the one you have :)
    littlestar85257

Answer by littlestar85257 at 5:44 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• It's not their choice or their business! They are probably not meaning anything if they just ask that question alone. But you should make it clear to DH that you dont want him disclosing your personal info to others! When you run across those that DO have further opinion and/or criticize you for not having more you can simple\y tell them what kids they want is their choice and what kids you want is your choice! Some times unfortunately you do have to be nasty to those that are very rude!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 5:48 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• You don't owe an explanation to anyone about your family. It's a funny double standard. If someone had a few children, people wonder when they will stop. If someone only has one, people wonder why they don't have more.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:52 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• It is Not anyone's business! i wouldn't explain or worry about it-
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 5:57 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• you don't need to explain! my bro has only one kid, he's happy. the way this economy is going i don'r blame you for only wanting one kid. we get the same reaction when we say we don't want pets. as long as your happy tell them to mind their business!
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 6:02 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Don't explain a thing. When you are asked about it just say something short and sweet.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:09 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• No. It's between you and your husband and you do not have to defend or explain yourself.
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 6:13 PM on Aug. 13, 2010