i got a d&c on july 23rd started trying for another baby on july 25th now i know my period wont be regular or anything and i dont know when its gonna come so when should i take a pregnancy test? should i wait a month from the say we started trying? HELP ME lol

cjsmom375

Asked by cjsmom375 at 5:50 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• ok y did u get the d&c?????....and y did u try so soon after? if you got the d&c due to problems with the baby /pregnancy your body needs time to heal give it at least a few months!!!
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 5:53 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• and depending on how far u were when u got the d&c its not something that heals quickly how did you even have sex without pain?...and even with the emotional loss of a baby i dont get it
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 5:54 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Wow! That's a bit soon to even be having sex let alone trying for another baby. Didn't the doctor tell you to wait a while? I mean you can't even use tampons after a miscarriage. Be good to your body first and it will be good to you. And eventually you will have your baby.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 5:54 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• WOW! You're having sex 2 days after a D&C? Have you talked to your doctor about your pregnancy related OCD, because it really sounds like it's at a concerning level.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 6:06 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Well I was 10 weeks preg. and misc. I did to have a D&C. I was told to wait 1 month before trying again. You need to call your doctor and ask him what is the best for you. YOUR body needs to rest and you should wait to get a normal period. So Sorry... "HUGS"
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 6:14 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• how did you have sex 2 days later? that is 1. not safe and infection is likely and 2. that would be painful beyond words.....I dont think you are preg...let your body heal and go see your doc. sex that soon is...well i didnt event hink it was intentionally possible.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 6:24 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• You are suppose to wait 4 weeks after getting a D&c to even have sex and at least 3 months to start trying for a baby!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 6:26 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• You really should start with http://www.mentalhealth.com/
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 6:29 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I would wait 28 days from your d and c and then test. I had my first miscarriage 6 months ago at 6 weeks and they told me to wait 1 month. I did and got pregnant 3 months later and I ended up miscarring again at 12 weeks and they told me this time wait 2 months, but they are going to do test on me in 6 weeks. My dr said there is no reason to wait after a month if it was before 7 weeks or 2 months if it was before 13 week. I wish you luck.
    jewels2882

Answer by jewels2882 at 8:48 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• wow.
    Okay, sounds like you need to learn a little bit about how your body works. Having sex 2 days after a d&c is not going to get you pregnant and you are darn lucky you did not cause an infection.
    You have about 2-4 fertile days a month. And those are normally about 14 days BEFORE your period. I suggest you check out www.fertilityfriend.com for more information.
    It is suggested you wait until you have your first period AFTER a miscarriage (D&C or natural) before TTC.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 2:48 PM on Aug. 14, 2010