don't u just LOVE it, when the baby figures out how to turn off the TV and switch the channels and turn up and down the volume.

I don't care about the diff TV show every 12 seconds, I don't care about turning back on every 20 esconds, but I CAN'T STAND the volume going up and down and up and down and up and down.
Anyone know a trick to stop this TV hog! lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:05 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Absolutely. Ah! The wonders of discovery :)
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 6:06 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• the solution is don't let your baby play with the remote
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 6:06 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• My son does play with our remotes, he pushes the buttons on the TV though. Our T.V is low the floor on an entertainment shelf. I just stopped caring. I figure if he is turning it off, he doesn't want to watch it, and we go play!
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 6:11 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• lol my 2.5 yr just got done with that stage, and not only did she do as what mentioned she also recorded several shows, so my dh and i had some of ours not record cause it can only record one at a time...we have direct tv......we had to password protect the on demand stuff and set the balance as 0 cause she decided to push buttons and purchase stuff. she now brings the remote to myself, dh, or my oldest when she wants the channel changed, i guess she got tired of time outs and getiin trouble.
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 6:13 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• That's too funny, I am with you! Nathan is going to be 13 months old and he discovered the reaction of all of us when he does this...specially in the middle of watching a baseball game...the little brat laughs and just keeps doing it. I know what you mean about the volume though; he's done this a few times when it's just me and him and I am in the kitchen, one time it scared the crap out of me...fun stage uh?
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 6:15 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• lol mine like to turn it off but only when we tell her to lol
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 6:16 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• We're just entering this again. And keeping the remote away from them does not help if you have a t.v. on an entertainment center where the buttons are right there for them to mess with. We'd like to have the flatscreen on the wall but it's a tad expensive.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 6:16 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I'd get the cutest kick out of that yeah, when the volume is high, low, like 10 times, and how about in the car....done that too!! The remote windows going up, down, up down, they're cute, and they laughed so hard ! ! lol!!!! Once or twice the volume on way high and the baby would push the "ON" button, and I though the 2nd floor was falling in !!! WHOA, talk about loud.

Can't think of stuff more than that now.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 6:22 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• If I put the TV on mute my 21mnth old son goes to the tv and turns it off and on. He knows that the sound comes back after he does that. It is cute. He thinks he is helping me out.
    Seterah1010

Answer by Seterah1010 at 5:54 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• It isso much fun when they learn how the bottons work. Then the fun really begins when they change the channel why you are watching something or they turn it off and think that it is funny and starts to laugh at you.
    BeckyW101

Answer by BeckyW101 at 1:41 AM on Sep. 2, 2010