Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 Bumps

Who should we contact? My sister and I received threatening and disturbing messages from people over in London? I live in the USA.

It is my nephews wife and his sister inlaw? She is upset that her husbands visa go denied and is blaming it on his family. We've never done anything to them, it is so creepy. They told my sister that if they ever get in arms length of her, they will turn her into a vegetable and they told me that my kids would be better off if I were dead. They used the most vulgar language and asked if my son was a better f*** than my husband. I'm concidering going to the police to ask them what we should do. We are afraid of what they might do if they ever come over to this country.

Answer Question

Asked by staceynoel at 6:12 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Relationships

Level 12 (852 Credits)
Answers (14)
  • You can talk to the police. More than likely they can't do anything since these people are in another country (been there, done that for different reasons) but at least they'll have it on record in case anything becomes of it (like they visit the states and start harassing you).

    Answer by firenicecream at 6:15 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

  • The way it sounds...empty promises. The internet sure does make people "brave". Take the threats seriously for they have been made, but when it is someone trying to act big on the internet, they really don't have anything to show. Did you get this information by email? If so, not only save the email, but also print the screen this way you have backup in case someone tries to say the email was made up. I had people try to bully me online for years and I finally put my foot down and told them I was NOT going to let them harm me and if they thought they still could, they were coming down with me.

    Answer by MaryWolfe at 6:15 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

  • I would report it to the police just to have it on record. I don't know if there is anything they will do though. Take a deep breath, they are an ocean away.

    Answer by Cindy18 at 6:16 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

  • The messages were sent over facebook

    Comment by staceynoel (original poster) at 6:17 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

  • they are going to turn into veggie when his visa has been denied it could mean he has police record or he must reapply before entering country and since 9 11 it has been hard for people come to usa or other country they are not taken the chance

    Answer by dutchcanadain at 6:17 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

  • You need to call your local police department. You need to show them if anything that they have sent you. It is very scary, because you do not know what will make people go off. I would call ASAP. Be safe!!!

    Answer by sta517 at 6:19 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

  • here is what will happen, or can legally, if you can your local police. We have extradition laws and relations with England so YES they can in fact go thru channels and contact the local authorities there and take it from there. If you are in fear of your safety or life, you need to call the police and have a record. then each time they call, call the police and report it. God forbid they make it over here btu then you have a record of it all-and hopefully the police will know what steps you can take next-like a restraining order, or filing a complaint.

    Answer by Bearsjen at 6:21 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

  • Get a restraining order

    Answer by DeeMarie87 at 6:21 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

  • You can report it to Facebook. I believe you can go to their page and there is a button on the left hand side "Report this person" then it will give you a list of options. They will ask by what means they made the threat to you. I hope you did not delete it. If so, still report. Good luck! (I had problems with a couple of people there myself and Facebook handled them wonderfully)

    Answer by MaryWolfe at 6:23 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

  • We have extradition laws and relations with England so YES they can in fact go thru channels and contact the local authorities there and take it from there.

    I like this one. there, we helped you get into the states, how do you like THEM apples?


    Answer by autodidact at 6:24 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.