I received membership cards for a zoo, but I didn't buy them?!

I just checked my mail and I received a family membership card for Zoo Atlanta. The thing is, we didn't buy them. I checked my bank statements and it is not showing that they were charged on our account. We had membership a few years ago and didn't renew. I called my mom to see if they bought membership as a gift or something. I finally called Zoo Atlanta but they are already closed. I guess I will call them tomorrow or Monday. Has anything like this happen to you?

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 6:18 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Money & Work

• Nope never had that happen. Definately get a hold of them in the morning.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 6:19 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• hmm I would call back just in case its a hoax or something but if the zoo says they are good then don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
    MrsKline

Answer by MrsKline at 6:19 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I would call the zoo to make sure its good... But you never know, if you go to church or anything maybe its a random gift?

We bought a zoo membership for my bff for christmas, but they send a card along with it to know who gifted it
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 6:24 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• yeah, but it never came through the mail, went to church one day in spring and the one pastor gave me giftcard for gas. the funny thing was i was riding on empty. out of the blue he said they had to give them away and gave me one. never told him about needing it. he just knew. maybe somebody just knew your kids wanted to go to the zoo and gave it to them. could be a gift from god. i'm sorry i never question anything strange.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 6:25 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I would just make sure they were legit before you use them. Make sure they have been paid for and what not. Would hate to get all your kiddos excited about going, get there and they were fake!!! I hope they turn out to be real, what a fun thing to receive!!
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 8:19 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I called Zoo Atlanta this morning and they are legit. They said that they were purchased under my name and used a visa card. The lady said that it didn't have any info as to if it was a gift or not. It is not showing up under my visa card or anything, so I guess it was a gift. Now, it is going to bug me until I find out who did it.

JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 10:47 AM on Aug. 14, 2010