c section question?

I have a c section scheduled for 39 weeks.which is in 2 weeks....if my dr checks me and I am dialated do you think he will move up my c section....this is my second c section. Did this happen to anyone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:38 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I havent a clue dear, I had 2 csections the first happend after 24 hours of labor, then i tried Vbac and it failed so i never had planned c sections!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 6:40 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I would doubt it~ some women never get checked (cesarean or natural birth, since the info isn't really relevant sans labor/contractions).
    But it might depends on why you're having a planned cesarean and what was discovered (like if you were almost Complete).
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 6:40 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• For my second c-section my dr. didn't even check me...I wasn't having any contractions or even bricken hicks so there was no reason to. If you have false contractions the Dr. may check you but Thats something I would ask your Dr. about. You don't want it to much sooner. The longer you are to term the better.
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 6:43 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I had 2 planned csections and the 1st time I never dialated but the 2nd I was dialating slowly over a months time. On the planned day I was 3 cm. It wasn't moved up any but I would think if you dialated past 3cm you might be in early labor? So then I would think they'd go ahead with it
    ashleys2girls

Answer by ashleys2girls at 6:48 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I doubt it. My second c-section was at 39 weeks as well, and I hadn't even started dialating yet when I had it. My doctor told me they weren't going to change anything unless I went into labor early on my own. As a matter of fact, they only checked me once when I got towards the end of my pregnancy.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 8:30 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• My dr told me if I was dilated to 3 or more they would move up the csection date. But I wasn't dilated at all until the morning I went into labor on the day my csection was scheduled.

Answer by missanc at 9:26 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• They will keep the day unless you go into labor before then. Atleast thats what my doc told me :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 3:19 AM on Aug. 14, 2010