plastic surgery???

I really want to get a tummy tuck. Me and my hubby decided no more kiddos for us and the one thing about me that I'm very self consious about is my stomach. I don't know how to go about finding the best, most experianced plastic sergeon in my area (las vegas, nv) I want them to be board certified, up to date with everything. So any ideas?

cleo2582

Asked by cleo2582 at 6:39 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• the internet and then going to the doctors yourself and talking to them and anyone the doctor has done work too
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 6:40 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Go to the website of the state board of pysicians. It will show if they are board certified.. You should actually meet with one or two to interview them if you intend to go through with it. It would be worth the consultation fee to me. You can also check the directory of board certified surgeons. Google it. GL!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:42 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Yes, I'd get feedback and ask your OB or other doc to see if they have any good people in mind.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:46 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Other doctors also often know who is good and who isn't. You could ask your doctor.

Answer by Bmat at 6:47 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• ask your OB and or Family Dr.
    lmt_mom2010

Answer by lmt_mom2010 at 5:27 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I actually had a couple of free consultations with some doctors in my state (Texas) and after looking at their clients pictures and getting a feel for which doctor was best for me, I went ahead with the procedure. Best thing I could ever do for myself. Hubby and I are through having children, and after about a year of talking about this, I did it. I would also recommend being at a happy weight before you go ahead with the procedure, because if your not happy with your weight along with the extra tummy skin, once the tummy skin is gone you will then be unhappy with the weight. (just my opinion) good luck!
    goodgirl09

Answer by goodgirl09 at 1:00 PM on Aug. 31, 2010