• In the Spotlight:

What do you think of Dr. Laura's apology?

Is it good enough?

FeelinYummy

Asked by FeelinYummy at 6:48 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Honestly, Dr. Laura is full of word vomit anyways. I sort of compare her to the other idiot commentators of the world (yes, I get she says she is a therapist) and ignore her idiocy.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 7:02 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I wish people didn't feel as though they HAVE to apologize because SOME people were offended by her opinion. I would have given her more credit for standing by her convictions and owning what she said...good, bad or indifferent. People really need to stop being so thin-skinned and take everything they hear personally! IMO...it's letting the whiners win.

I understood what she meant, and I think she was correct--when you listen to the ENTIRE response in CONTEXT...not the inflammatory "excerpt!" :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:53 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I think people are making a big deal about nothing really. What she said was dumb but not racist.
    MrsKline

Answer by MrsKline at 6:51 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Everything she said was right, she shouldn't have apologized. She didn't call anyone the n word, she said that HBO shows and black comedians say the n word all of the time and it's a double standard that nobody else can say it. She said the caller was too sensitive and needed to get real. i'm disappointed she apologized.
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 6:57 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I don't think she did anything wrong. She did not call the caller the "n" word, she just simply stated that if you look to the black community, they themselves call each other the "n" word.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 6:52 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I didnt even listen to the rant. Another person on a rant saying stupid stuff. Didnt listen to her apology either. All these people who apologize after they are MADE to (did you see the dem candidate that said he wished sarah palin had died in the plane crash...idiot) dont impress me. They do it to try and hold on to their careers. But then I didnt watch dr laura before :)
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 6:52 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• totally agree with LoriKeet!
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 6:54 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I don't think she did anything wrong. If Dr. Laura felt the need to apologize, then she should have said she was sorry for upsetting the lady, and upsetting anyone else. That's it. But she wasn't calling anyone names. She was stating a fact. That's it. She's just in hot water, that's all. But I'm sure she likes it there.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 6:54 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• The example they showed of when she used it was not bad. She did not call the woman the n word she said that black comidians say n ----. If she had used it in ways worse than that I am sure the y would have quoted it. That is not something to apologize for she was making a statement and recalling what others say. Now the part where she told the caller she should not have married out of her race I would really have to hear the conversation to see how that is an ok thing to say. I do have to admit though that I did not hear the whole thing so no I don't have the whole story.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 7:04 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• The problem with DLS is that she has done this exact same thing, more than once. She says something controversial (this time more than 1 time) and then thinks she can apologize it away. Why anyone would think to ask that woman for advice, is beyond me. I hope she gets the Don Imus treatment.

The problem is she said it repeatedly and was totally disrespectful to the caller. IMO, she does not have the personality or temperment to be an effective counselor.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 7:27 PM on Aug. 13, 2010