is acupressue point bad to do at 36 weeks and also does it really work and how doo you do it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:35 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Are you talking about the points that are supposed to induce labor?

Please do not do it. I thought about it, but read that it can be dangerous if you perform it too early. You are only 36 weeks. let the little one grow a bit more.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:56 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• They really can help!
    But I have only used them with women who are *already* laboring-- in L & D, under professional supervision. It intensifies their contractions.

It is very important to respect the reason that a mom is still pregnant, not in labor: baby and mom's body are NOT yet ready. Why not, why aren't they ready?? There can be a number of reasons. If a mom doesn't know at least her baby & body do.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:05 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I as a massage therapist and mommy have done these but you have to do them EXACTLY right or all you will do is give your self ineffective painful contractions. I recommend not doing them until you are 40 weeks or over due. That is the only "safe" time. If your body is not ready it wont work at all so you would just be wasting your time. I have put 5 ppl in labor using them however they were like I said overdue.
    travisnowensmom

Answer by travisnowensmom at 11:22 AM on Aug. 14, 2010