If you got pregnant as a teen OR your child got pregnant as a teen......

If you got pregnant OR your child got pregnant as a teen (or son got someone pregnant)..
-Do you think it was a total surprise to your parents (like they didnt even think you had a bf, or had your first kiss -- you know a super perfect darling virgin child) or did they know you were enjoying your teen years & hoping pregnancy would not happen?

-If it was your teen that got pregnant, was it a surprise or was your child showing any signs that they were doing something with their time that maybe they should not be..

MommaTasha1003

Asked by MommaTasha1003 at 8:00 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Well being a teen mom myself and now the a grandmother at 31...I know first hand how this is. And I knew my son was sexually active, because he came to me and told me. My son and I are close, and I always told him to come to me with anything and I would never judge him but to talk to him and help him through anything or give him good advice. I knew he was most likely going to or already had been having sex with his GF, but he came to me and told me that she was telling her mom also. So the mom and I both got together and got her on BC pills, well needless to say that didnt work. I am now the grandmother to a month old grandson.I love my grandbaby to pieces...he is my little angel...however I wish they would have made better choices. but grandson is not and never will be a mistake.
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 1:32 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• i got pregnant 4 months after i turned 15...i was always a straight A student and a good kid and my parents were shocked and horrified. my oldest son is 10 and to this day i have never had any sort of sex talk with either of my parents. my mom never even explained to me how my period worked. i think they were in denial and thought that if they never talked about it that it would never happen. i partially blame my parents for never educating me or offering me any sort of protection or birth control...and to top it all off, they pushed me to marry the father when i truly wasnt ready...i didnt party or misbehave much, but i thought i was in love and my hormones were raging. i think it's sooo important to educated kids long before they get to their teen years and to offer condoms and birth control without judgement.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 1:33 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• my mom wasnt that surprised. she was relieved in a way because i told her i was moving out, which gave her her freedom back.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:04 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• One of my close friends got PG at 19 her parents were not surprised at all other than they thought she wasn't so stupid as to believe she 'couldn't' get pregnant... She seriously believed that since she had unprotected sex a few times and it didn't happen that she just couldn't. I dunno why she thought that. We were not talking much when all of this happened. We became close again during her pregnancy. I was pregnant as well but married and 25. lol. I had known her since she was a little girl.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:04 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I got pregnant at 17. My parents were shocked. My dad was fine with it so was everybody else in my family, but my mother. She was livid and our relationship hasn't been the same since either.

elly25

Answer by elly25 at 8:14 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I got pregnant at 17. My parents were not terribly surpised, as I had had the same bf for over 1 year. My dad was and is still very supportive and loving, almost 18 years later. He's still the bestest!!! :)
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 8:15 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I don't think my mom was surprised. She was just upset that I didn't tell her I was sexually active.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 8:36 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I got pregnant at 16-YES I KNOW THAT IS HORRIBLE--My family didn't show either way, but mother and sd were there for me everystep of the way, my DD is 26 now
    When my son knocked up his girlfriend when he was 18, I wasn't suprised but dissapointed, I had ask him many times if he was using protection and he said yes-----NOT.
    jasonsmommom

Answer by jasonsmommom at 9:10 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• 1 year ago my 16yr old son and his 15 yr girlfriend had a child .nick could not talk to me when he did it was almost not really to him .i know i talk to all my kids about sex .i had got number of times and told both it time to use protection,her mother did not what to hear about i took my son a side here take these ,what happen i gave you condoms did you use them yes mom.it has take me year to find out that her mother had poke holes in the condoms so her daughter could be a mother.what mother does that to her baby. a baby having a baby.we have stood by my son and help with the baby as much as we can. now the other mother is other story
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 10:19 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• not there yet but have been open and honset with our childen and if it happens we will be verysupportive nof them minen are under 12 but my oldest will be 12 in oct.
    butterflysmom

Answer by butterflysmom at 9:33 AM on Aug. 14, 2010