Hi When I was 15 I was put on the shot to prevent preg. When I was 17 I decided to stop and got my period a month and a half later got preg about 6 months later and had a miscarriage at 4 months. Heartbroken me and my hubby tryed again this time I made it to 6 months and miscarried again. I became depressed. Somehow I was convinced to get the depo again and ended it last dec. 07 now its almost july and have had no period or n e thing. I have been

Please help I have read all these horror stories on line about it taken 8 years and I just want someone who's been through this to help me.

expectin2expect

Asked by expectin2expect at 11:37 PM on Jun. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Well let me tell u . I have been on the depo shot alot. It can take A LONG time to wear off. I know from experience.Hang in there . My husband I have been together for 5 yrs and we have a 7 month old
    bubbaelea22

Answer by bubbaelea22 at 11:45 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• When I was on the depo after i got off I didn't have a period for a few months. I think it stays in your system like 3 months but then it takes alittle while after that to get back to normal. A year after I got off of it I got pregnant.
    mgreenwood

Answer by mgreenwood at 11:57 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

mgreenwood

• I also just stopped using Depo in hopes of ttc. I didn't know how long it would take us until after I quit using it. It's only been about a month, but still no AF. I've read a lot about taking Black Cohosh and Vitex (Chaste tree berry) to help get AF back and regulate AF.
    I've read that it different for each woman after Depo. Some women get pg within a few months of coming off and some women don't get pg for a couple of years.
    Try doing a google search of "ttc after depo"- that should give you some more information on what you can do.
    Good luck!
    jthimes

Answer by jthimes at 9:11 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• i was of depo 2 years and got prego. Please don't think cause you are not menstrating you can't get preganant.i git pregnant and i had not gotten a period in 3years so hun if you wanna try again you can just cause you dont get your monthly friend means nothing you are still ovulating .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on Sep. 9, 2008