How do you get your kid to take his flintstones?

I was so excited to switch my toddler over from the poly-vi-sol drops to my first flintstones and he won't take them. I told him it was candy. I crushed it up in to a spoon with milk, put it in an syringe with water, mixed it with a dose of Ibprofen (he was taking it anyway). I can't get him to take them. What are your tricks?

sunshine58103

Asked by sunshine58103 at 8:28 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Have you tried the gummies? My son loves gummy fruit snacks so gummy vitamins are no problem, he doesn't even know the difference. Sometimes I sneak one too!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:02 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I wouldn't say it was candy, what if he got into it and took like 10 of them at once, that could cause serious problems. Maybe if you let him pick it out, or even the bottle out. Maybe he would have wanted spongebob ones instead. Or you could take a vitamin with him, your own kind of course, but it's monkey see monkey do. let me know if it works.
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 8:33 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I let my 20 month old chose which one he wants and let him eat it on his own and he loves it :)
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 8:29 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Are you giving vitamins on advice of a doctor? My kids never took a multi-vitamin growing up. We just made sure they had a variety of foods.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:30 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• i bought the tiny kid-sized ones. i told my kids they were vitamins that are for big ppl, because they taste nothing like candy anyhow. my kids just like to be grown up. they chew them just like the directions say. mine are 2 and 4. if nothing else... remember that you're in charge. they arent. :)
    lauchremi

Answer by lauchremi at 8:31 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• My kids just like them...they usually are the ones that remind me to give them to them!
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 8:31 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• try the gummies, maybe?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:32 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I'm a super busy momma who sometimes feeds my child mac and cheese and canned veggies for dinner. He is also in daycare and sick all the time. Vitamins have helped him not get sick as often. Not really an answer to my question, but thanks for asking....
    sunshine58103

Comment by sunshine58103 (original poster) at 8:34 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• my kids like the super hero gummy vitamins. i let them pick which vitamin they like when we're in the store and then they are excited to take them.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:37 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• My kids like them. We get the gummy bear kind and they beg for them everyday, but even when we used flinstones they liked them, I just couldn't stand them because they would suck on them and take them in and out of their mouths and make a huge colorful mess of it every day.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 8:56 PM on Aug. 13, 2010