Therapy

My husband and I argue a lot, and I just want it to stop. We have a communication problem, and there are many stressors in our life. I was wondering what everyone thought on couples therapy. I don't plan on seing a psyc. but my pastor from church who will actually care. I was thinking about it, and just want our problems to go away, but don't know how!

kbishop8688

Asked by kbishop8688 at 8:35 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• if you can get your husband to go, that would be great. don't expect the arguing to stop though. just expect a means of calmer expression and compromise.
    lauchremi

Answer by lauchremi at 8:37 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I think for some couples, it is great. Some need the extra person to help mediate things.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:38 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• there is really no resolving our arguments, I wish there were. And our arguing isn't healthy at all. We don't bicker we scream fight and yell cuss and it's just not pretty, and things have been broken before. We need to get a handle on things, and I don't expect it to go away we just need to figure out what the problem is. My husband mentioned therapy to me a month or so ago and I asked my pastor about it, but he doesn't know that yet. i was just wondering if anyone thought it might help, or if anyone has had experience with therapy what they could tell me.
    kbishop8688

Comment by kbishop8688 (original poster) at 8:47 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• yeah if you want to work out your relationship with your husband & you think couples therapy is going to work then go ahead & go for it i hope it works out & good luck
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 9:21 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I don't want to get to a point where my marriage is in jeopardy, it's straining already and if we fix it now, in 5 months we might be happier than ever. Whereas without this in 5 months we could be screaming divorce and visitation rights.
    kbishop8688

Comment by kbishop8688 (original poster) at 9:23 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• It's definitely worth trying.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 9:30 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I really think it can help, so long as both of you want it to. I begged my ex, but he refused which is probably why he's now my ex-husband.
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 11:08 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Sounds groovy. If both of you have to be fully vested, though...good luck.
    KellyParadise

Answer by KellyParadise at 11:36 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Therapy works when 2 people are committed to making a marriage work. When you both can say, "I love you. I choose to be your spouse. Lets do better" that is when therapy works.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:16 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• u can only try
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:10 AM on Aug. 14, 2010