what kind of test do they do after you had two miscarriages?

I just started having my 2nd miscarriage and my dr wants to do some testing in 6 weeks when my hormones get back to normal. I am wondering what kind of tests they are going to do and what kind of things are they looking for? any helpful info I would appreciate it.

jewels2882

Asked by jewels2882 at 8:35 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I don't know, but I can tell you that you are lucky to be getting a test right now, it took my friend 4 miscarriages before they did anything. Luckily she has had one child, but I will warn you that she needed hormone replacement pills, and on top of that she almost died having her child, and can never safely have a child. Find out what you can no matter what you have to go through. If you have a child you want to live to see it I promise you! I wish you the best of luck, and hope you find what you are looking for!
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 8:40 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I don't know I only had one miscarriages so I know they will not be doing any kind of testing on me. I would ask you dr what they will be testing you on. Good luck and sorry for you loss.

LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 8:42 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I have had 2 miscarriages subsequent to a stillbirth and have not had testing done. I'm not sure what it would be. You should always ask those questions before you leave your doctor's office. I'm sorry for your loss.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 8:46 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. I had 2 and my dr said insurance wouldn't cover testing till 3. And luckily my 3rd pregnancy was with my son.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 9:28 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I have had 3 and they tested me for MTHFR, blood clotting factor.protein deficiency and thats to just name a few the test are basically to see if they can find a genetic cause as to why you are having back to back miscarriages
    angelluvgoddess

Answer by angelluvgoddess at 1:07 AM on Aug. 17, 2010