Shoulder pain

I have had the MRI done of my left shoulder and they haven't gotten back to me with the results yet! My question is what can I do to keep the pain away- I have tried Aleve, Advil, Tynelol with Codeine, Icy Hot, and a heating pad- nothing works period! Any other ideas!

psurmont

Asked by psurmont at 8:38 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Health

• A massage, i am not sure what happened to your shoulder, but gentle pressure should be fine. If you have torn something or injured it a heating pad would bring warmth and blood to that muscle helping it heal. I am sure stretching it might hurt, but do light rotations that way you won't need extensive physical therapy because you no longer hold your shoulder right. If you pulled something it shouldn't take long to get back to feeling better. Ice may help, and these are all techniques that massage therapists and physical therapists use, just don't over stretch or place too much pressure until you know exactly what's wrong.
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 8:43 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• i would see a chiropractor. i know a few people that avoided rotator cuff surgery by doing so!
    good luck!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:36 PM on Aug. 13, 2010