getting pregnant.

i know there is always a chance at getting pregnant when you have sex.. but are the chances lower with getting preggo 1 day after ovulation? :( we missed the darn day yesterday but made up for today... i hope there is still a chance! :(

anyone ever go through this also an get pregnant?

akalei

Asked by akalei at 8:48 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Oh gosh, that sure is technical! Wish I knew! Well... chances I'm sure are lower but not entirely impossible?
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 8:58 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• yes you still have a small window of opportunity..depending how soon you tried after you realized you had missed it..say you ovulated that night i would suggest a least first thing that next am...
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 8:58 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• There is always a chance! It's the 2 week wait that is the killer, lol. But you should BD again just to be on the safe side ;)
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 9:00 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• thanks ladies!
    akalei

Comment by akalei (original poster) at 9:01 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• The egg does take a little time to get down the tubes, so there is still a chance depending on how long after ovulation it was. My dr. recommended starting to have sex the first day the period is completely over and have sex every other day. I sure worked for us 3 times in a row! Kind of hard to miss ovulation if you are having sex every 48 hours since the sperm does live for a couple days so will still be there if ovulation happens on one of the off days!
    frat_twin_mama

Answer by frat_twin_mama at 9:06 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• You do know that ovulation isn't only one day,right? Its actually 3-5
    I'm not trying to be snarky with you.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:07 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I always thought you had a few days to try.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 9:10 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• yes i do know its not one day. it was 3 days for me but we just missed the window last night of the last day! so no snarkyness was taken from your comment :)
    akalei

Comment by akalei (original poster) at 9:12 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Once the egg is released you have 72 hours where it is ideal for fertilization. plenty of time.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:14 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Ok, I have to first ask: what the hell is snarky??!! lol............Anyway, yes that happened to me! I got pregnant after also "missing my window" the day before! I realized it too, and probably DID get pregnant because we knew we missed it, and the pressure was off! I have to also add, that it was a girl (sperm is stronger, so stays alive longer), and that's probably what helped us, too...
    cfh72

Answer by cfh72 at 11:26 PM on Aug. 13, 2010