Do you have an open door to your teens friends?

My teenagers know that they can have someone over just about any time with respect to me and my home and we have several visitors (or I should say they do!).

marchar2002

Asked by marchar2002 at 8:48 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Absolutely. My house in only a couple of blocks from the high school. I am tech heavy with all the big screen tv's and all the games, they love it here. I did have to have a conversation with some of them the other day when they left a stack of dirty dishes in my kitchen. It went like this "You're welcome here any time. You're welcome to cook anything you want and eat what ever you like. But, It's very rude and disrespectful of you to leave a mess for DH and I to clean up." The reply was "Sorry Mrs S, wont happen again." I love that my house is the goto house. I'd much rather have them here than wondering where my two are. And my door is literally open, I don't even have to get up to let them in :)
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 9:01 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• its better for them to come to the house then to have you kids outside hanging out in the streets with them. i think thats perfectly fin for you to have you kids friends over that way you can meet their friends and see how the are.
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 8:50 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• i dont have teens yet, but i would have no problem with that either. i dont see anything wrong with having friends over and my parents never did either.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 8:49 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I don't have a teen yet/anymore. But I have a general open door to everyone.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:53 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• My son is only 2 but I think I will be like that.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 9:08 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• when my boys where younger they ask can i have friends over i say yes first there be one or two boys later there would be room full. i told them my house rules no swearing because there are young kids still in the home ,no fighting, if like to bring snacks fine but share with my boy they share with you i will make one meal pick the day ,friday,saturday or sunday, no all three and we say please and thank-you ,i will not clean up after you .all kids must be gone before 12pm if not call home and tell your parent your sleeping over.oh i do not make breakfast
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 9:58 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• yup we always have my daughters friends around...or did until we moved
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:30 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• my son is only 10 at the moment, but i intend to allow his friends over as much as they want. i would much rather know where my son is and who he's with than chasing him down at a college party at 2am (we live in a college town). plus, you get to know their friends and can help your kids weed out the bad ones.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 1:40 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• i also love being the 'go to' house, but i do have to have periodic conversations about cleaning up, and wasting food...as in; i don't mind what you help yourself to, just do not leave a full glass of milk (can of soda, whatever...) just sittng for me to pick up later ggrrr!
    tracyc922

Answer by tracyc922 at 11:16 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• yes my tween has friends over all the time as well as my other four do my parents did it for us it`s safer and they are not out cause crime or getting hurt
    butterflysmom

Answer by butterflysmom at 9:29 AM on Aug. 14, 2010