why do i stay with someone who is abusive?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:48 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• Your mind is being f'd with. It's not you.
    If you have kids please dont think that staying is for them. If you have a daughter she may find out one day that you stayed and allow the same thing. If you have a son he may do the same thing. If something really bad happened to you what would happen to your kids and their mentality. I am worried because I was abused once and was so afraid to leave. It took other people to force me to leave. When I left I was lonely and wanted to forgive. "I was told love dont hurt" They were right, sweetie. Make a PLAN and make your move.
    Seterah1010

Answer by Seterah1010 at 5:39 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• for our kids... for now. i don't know why though. my grandmas used to say out of fear. i think maybe so... fear of losing our kids.
    lauchremi

Answer by lauchremi at 8:50 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I'm not sure the specifics of why you do, if you do... But sometimes it takes hitting a "rock bottom" where the abuse is worse than the alternative of being seperated. Also, a support network that you can rely on more than you rely on the person you love/who is abusing you is essential. Anyway, if you want to talk about what's going on I would love to talk to you. You can totally message me. <3, xoxo
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 8:51 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Too hard to leave and start a new life? Money? Want both parents for your kids? You love him and hope he'll change? Those are reasons that would keep me around for awhile.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 8:53 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• because you are scared to leave you dont want to hurt the kids & cause you love him
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 9:16 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Been there, it's not love. It's codependence.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• You should watch that documentary "Every F---ing Day of My Life". It might open your eyes. FYI - you're destroying your children by staying in this situation. If you loved them, you'd leave. Good Luck honey.
    KellyParadise

Answer by KellyParadise at 11:35 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• r u scared to leave
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 8:49 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I think that lauchremi is on the right path of thinking. I think it is fear and losing the kids, but also I think it is courage of knowing that you are making sure your kids don't get the abuse. My sister-in-law went through that and she was scared, but she turned to me and her family and was able to get out.
    sthrngrl7707

Answer by sthrngrl7707 at 8:53 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• because it's scarier to think of leaving and what that would mean; what changes that leaving would bring. In the end, you will be happier when you finally leave though.
    Arione

Answer by Arione at 8:53 PM on Aug. 13, 2010