Sleep...

My daughter won't go to sleep. 2 1/2 yr's old she can open her door, tear her bed apart (literally) turn her light on, and I am pregnant so rocking and laying with her is impossible because she kicks and kits and restraining her is tough on my belly and I am already in a threatened miscarriage state. I have tried lavender scented oils and reading to her, but nothing works. If I leave her in her room she tears her sheet rock apart or bangs her head against the wall causing the whole trailer to shake.... making me want to find a brick and smash it to my own head. ANY suggestions, because punishment does not work for this child.

kbishop8688

Asked by kbishop8688 at 8:58 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i feel for you! i am so sorry! i am going through something similar, but my 2 yo's aren't as destructive! i used to put a child proof doorknob cover on the inside of their door. that worked for a while, but now my son can remove the childproofing! i just had my baby 2 months ago...so we are in similar situations. my dh did most bedtimes while i was pregnant, and about 1/2 now that i am nursing!
    have you tried the door knob covers?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:05 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• do you give her a warm bath at night? thats very relaxing. use johnson & johnson bed time bath soap & lotion.
    besides that, i dont really have any advice. GL
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:06 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Yes, she gets warm baths, I have tried doing everything she wants before bed from a book, to a drink and potty and it still does nothing. the bath soap and lotion, if you're talking about the ones that are to help them relax for sleep been there done that. Proofing, not yet, but then the problem is still her tearing everything apart. Her toddler bed is nor broken completely because of this. I cannot get my child to sleep, the only one that can is my DH, and he is at work 5 nights out of the week and cannot help.
    kbishop8688

Comment by kbishop8688 (original poster) at 9:16 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Sounds like she has autism or another mental issue.Sorry that I'm not help.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 11:19 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• some kids need time to settle down, watch her to see when she is tired, relax take a break your prego..
    Resatrotter

Answer by Resatrotter at 12:25 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• What does your husband do that gets her to sleep?

Answer by missanc at 10:05 AM on Aug. 14, 2010