Cancer Question

So my grandfather has 2-6 weeks to live. I want to do something special for him. He is stuck to the bed, cant talk much, cant use his right arm and does not remember things. What can i do im young have about 200 bucks for this and never knew anyone who has gone through this. PLEASE give me some advice mamas IM NOT SURE WHAT TO DO.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• HE LOVES YOU! and if he could he would say kid keep your money, anything you do now I can't take with me. Take the 200 bucks and put it away. Is he at home, or does he have someone saying no you can't take him anywhere. I am sure he wants to see the outside sun another time, but obviously not if it's too cold for him. My grandfather died this year and my grandmother died of cancer last year, take him something yummy to eat and feed it to him, don't let him alone, that is the best thing you could do for him, and yourself that way when he's gone you won't feel bad about anything!
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 9:05 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• with those symptoms it may be less. is there anyone he'd love to see? just be there... rub his back or whatever hurts, massage his feet. give of yourself and don't worry about the money. make the memories... you'll want them. i lost my mom, grandpa, and grandma to cancer the past 9 years. my regrets... not enough time with them. let them know you won't let them be forgotten. they don't want to be forgotten.
    lauchremi

Answer by lauchremi at 9:05 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• if you have kids, get an artist canvas from michaels, and have the kids do a handprint painting. use bright cheery colors.
    sorry about your grandfather :(
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:29 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I agree with the other posts; due to the fact that your grandfather doesn't have much time left he doesn't need any objects to show your love, simply spend more time with him (as much as possible). When my grandfather was in the hospital the only great grandchild at the time was my cousin's son and she brought him there a lot, it made my grandfather better for a little while. He ate a little more and was more aware of the people around him.
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 9:51 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Just give him your love.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:19 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Does he like music? A friend brought music in to a relative when she was dying. They sat and listened to the music together. Cried together and just sat together. Find out his favorite music and try it. You are so special to care like this.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:50 PM on Aug. 14, 2010