SAHM ? PLEASE BE HONEST!!!

DH and i are having a fight and i would really like some honest responses...How much time a day do you spending playing with or teaching your kids and cleaning and how much do you spend doing things for you..for example how much time do you spend on cafemom or facebook or watching tv?? DH says that i should only being doing that type of stuff for 1 hour a day while he is at work and the rest of the time my attention is to be fully devoted to dd and housework...My thought is that my dd is 4 and she is attached at the hip to me
ALL the time and that it is GOOD for her to learn SOME separation....like she needs to be spending some time playing by herself everyday...and i don't mean like go play in your room and don't bother me but, just try to use your imagination and play with toys for a little while ya know??? Thoughts?

momofone072506

Asked by momofone072506 at 9:07 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• agreed.
    my son is 15 months and he is all over me lots of the time, but theres plenty of time that he plays by himself and watches nick jr. i probably spend at least 3 hours a day on cafemom and facebook and i also joined the gym and put him in there daycare for an hour or two so that i can work out. we need some time too, we dont get to clock out or have a day off of our job so you should tell him to kiss your ass :)
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:09 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• When anything interferes w/ my ability to parent its gotta go. I'm on here when dd's asleep or dh is home & he's spending time w/ her so I can get a much needed break!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 9:09 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I actually work from home. I spend about 3 hours a day with my DD and that is all total and it may be more depending on the day. I spend about 2 hours on cafe mom and that is usually at the end of the day. I also spread my cleaning out over the week so that I am not bombarded every day. I spend about 1 hour of that time actually trying to interact and teach her things otherwise she is helping me clean. Mostly my 2 yo plays on her own and doesn't really need anything unless she is hungry or has to go to the bathroom.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:10 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• my kids are on a schedule. nap time is my time... i get about 2 hours a day. i also doodle while they color, etc. i need the down time to feel more loving towards my children. maybe you need a two day vacation by yourself. see how long he can handle one hour a day. :)
    lauchremi

Answer by lauchremi at 9:10 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• i have been on here all day!!!! my dd is feeding non stop today, so it is not like i could be doing much else!
    if meals are cooked, laundry is done, home is tidy and clean...what difference should it make to him?
    you just manage your time well!!!
    i can clean the whole house in the time my dh could do the dishes (and we have a dishwasher)!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:11 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I would say I spend about an hour on things for myself, but my son is a lot younger than your daughter is. (19 months) I also work 20 hours a week so I don't have that much time for housework and playing :) And I feel guilty for even taking that hour - I probably need more "me" time but I just love my son so much, and have had 35 years of "me" time, so I figure I owe it to him to be present as much as possible. I think most younger moms have a different attitude about these things, at least that's what I have noticed.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 9:11 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• So what,you're suppose to only do your you stuff while you eat too? Who the heck has 8 hours of housework? At 4 she should be playing mostly by herself. My son and I had reading time,and snuggle time and such,but he was quite independent,he wanted to go play alone.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:11 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• My free time is usually during the nighttime hours, but I also have my own work to contend with then because I am in college online. During the day, I stay very busy because I homeschool my son on top of taking care of the house. I keep my computer logged on all day and during breaks, I may check email and messages, but I can't really sit down with my computer until after my son goes to bed.

That being said, my husband would never say anything like to me regardless.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 9:11 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Ok so Nyk7 are you saying that everyday all day your attention every minute is on your kids?? You never have them go play while you sit down for a minute cause if thats what you are saying PLEASE tell me how you do it and don't go out of your mind LOL :) !!!!!
    momofone072506

Comment by momofone072506 (original poster) at 9:11 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• i spend a lot of time playing and reading and cleaning. not a lot of time for me. she may spend a total of an hour a day playing alone at the most. and even then she wants me to watch her. she doesnt like to be alone.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:12 PM on Aug. 13, 2010