Why do teenagers think their mom knows nothing about being a teenager??

Mamadetres123

Asked by Mamadetres123 at 9:10 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• they think that because if you knew what it was like to be a teenager you wouldnt keep her from her friends, or make her do the things you do or "ruin her life".
    lol
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:11 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Because you were born last night! LOL

I don't know. I remember thinking the same thing, but about the time I turned 21 I realized that my mom knew more than I gave her credit for.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:12 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Because moms are categorically uncool. Even when my daughter looks at me, and tells me how cool I am, that's right before I'm even more uncool than I was before.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:12 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Oh, because they think they know it all. LOL.My daughters who are adults now admit that they had bad attitudes when they were teens and they remember telling me I couldn't know how they felt because I was so old...Grrrr,,,and couldn't remember when I was a teen. I just laughed at them. Of course,we Moms DO remember what it was like when we were teens. You just have to laugh it off and don't let them think they are getting to you!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:14 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• i think it's hard to realize that your parents went through that stage of life, since you were not around. i understood it a little better when my parents would tell me stories of cool things they did as teens. or stupid things. lol i liked seeing pics of them at that age too. i LOVED my moms prom dress!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:18 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Try thinking back...when you were a teen, Who knew more - in your eyes - You or Mom (insert eye roll)....

We all thought our parents where totally uncool, and out to ruin any shoot of fun or happiness we could possibly have.
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 9:19 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• i don't know, but i do think things are shockingly different today. dh is a big brother, and his little brother has told him...one kid drives around, while a few in the back are having sex...16 year old boys, 13 year old girls...anal, oral you name it! i don't understand that, and my dd is only 2! what will the kids be into in 15 years?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:20 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I didn't read the above posts but I think sometimes Moms forget what it was like to be a teen. I am 23 so maybe I will change my mind when my son is a teen. Who knows :)
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 9:22 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Because I think the majority of moms honestly don't know what it's like to be a teen... When I was a teen, things were completely different than what it will be like when my kids are teens. When my mom was a teen, the world was completely different... She didn't know what it was like to be a teen in my day and age... How could she? I also think that parents tend to think they know everything there is to know and the majority refuse to listen... If they don't listen to their teens, how can they possibly understand what they are dealing with?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:43 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• because their mom was a teenager 15-20+ years and over time things change different things become cool and others well lose their cool.
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 9:45 PM on Aug. 13, 2010