Do you have a good smoothie recipe?

I love smoothies but have yet to make a good, healthy one at home. Does anyone have a good recipe for them?

Octobersmom

Asked by Octobersmom at 9:12 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Food & Drink

• My rainbow one has OJ,a banana, half cup of strawberries,half cup of blueberries, half cup of pineapple,half cup of cooked carrots,and a half cup of grapes
    It makes enough for 4 servings
    All fruit is frozen before going into it. Its more sorbet-ish that way and less frothy

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:16 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I don't like super sweet smoothies - my fave is blueberries, banana, plain yogurt and ice. Its sweeter if you let the banana get very ripe.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 9:19 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• here's my favorite: soy or almond milk with a spoonful of greek yogurt. [you can whatever fruit, but these are my faves] with bananas & frozen strawberries, sometimes frozen blueberries. one packet of splenda with fiber. it comes out so creamy, and quite filling, im usually good just right before lunch!
    iamcafemom83

Answer by iamcafemom83 at 9:23 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• vanilla or plain yogurt, frozen blueberries and frozen strawberries, raw oats (not much), and milk to thin it up. you can add a raw egg if you want too. :)
    lauchremi

Answer by lauchremi at 9:13 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I just make mine by putting vanilla yogurt & frozen berries in the blender.
    I don't much care for the texture of it when they're made with fresh fruit & ice, so that's why I get the frozen berries.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:40 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I have made so many smoothies up. Fresh and frozen fruits. I have added a small chunk of tofu. Yogurt. Used milk, or OJ, or pomegrante juice. I never put ice in. It kind of depends if I want something healthy or more of a snack for what I put in it. I never heard of putting plain oatmeal in it. Have to try that next time. But Iately I like just using a cup of frozen fruit (blueberries, strawberries and raspberries) and a half a cup of milk and a few spoons of vanilla yogurt.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:47 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• vanilla frozen yogurt, banana, peaches, and a little cantalope, and ice. Yum!
    artC1s

Answer by artC1s at 9:50 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I don't really have a recipe. I just mix frozen fruit, a banana, honey, a couple tsp frozen apple juice concentrate and milk in a blender. I don't like yogurt so I use milk. If I want it to have more of a strawberry taste, I add more strawberries. If I want more blueberries or peaches, I do the same. I made one today and I blended frozen peaches, a couple of bananas, fresh mango, milk, and honey together and it tasted really good.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:53 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• yogurt, frozen fruit, milk
    cherrygirl87

Answer by cherrygirl87 at 12:27 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Me and a friend used to make this : vanilla yogurt, strawberries(add blueberries or whatever fruit you like) and granola. Mmmmm it was good with a little crunch. If too thick add ice or milk.
    Seterah1010

Answer by Seterah1010 at 5:24 AM on Aug. 14, 2010