How can I make customized invitations and postcards?

Is there a particular software that I can use? If so, what do you recommend?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I am partial to hand crafting... lol! I love rubber stamps! But I usually use Microsoft Word for my custom stationary when I use the computer!
    mistical_me

Answer by mistical_me at 9:15 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I use Adobe Ilustrator, but you can use Photoshop as well. I think there are others out there a lot cheaper and some free, if you don't want to spend a bunch:)
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:15 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Walmart has some software, but I don't know the name of them. Ours has about 7 different software.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 9:15 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Just use Snapfish or Shutterfly....super easy
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 9:15 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• In Microsoft word there are a number of templates you can use based on whichever "envelopes and labels" product you purchase and it's corresponding number. For example, if you were to purchase Avery name tags 5103, you would search under the tools tab, for labels, and then in the drop down menu search for Avery 5103, then a template showing grid lines would appear. Simply using test, font type, size, layout and your choice of colors, plus free clip art, you can create some amazing custom invitations--for the cost of whatever you paid for the specially designed paper!

It takes practice and trial and error to get things just right. When you go to print samples, use regular copy paper, and then lay the sample on top of the good paper...hold up to the light, and see if your text fits into the area provided. When all looks good, load your good paper in your printer, and voila! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:19 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Snapfish is easy and inexpensive
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:42 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I use CorelDraw...if it is something relatively simple, I'll do it for you. Just message me.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 10:40 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I use a web based program called Heritage Makers Studio. You can make cards, invites, postcards and they will direct ship them for you. They have a ton of art and templates for you to use as well. Its a simply drag and drop system. You can check them out yourself: http://bookyourphotos.com
    Patty_WAHM

Answer by Patty_WAHM at 10:01 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• Microsoft Publisher is fairly inexpensive and really user friendly.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 1:25 PM on Aug. 16, 2010

• try vista print
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 11:11 PM on Aug. 20, 2010