a question about the "traveling rash" lol

so nearly 25 years ago my mother was pregnant at this time... she got this rash that itched intensely and traveled up and down her body. now i have a very itchy rash that looks like some kind of burn and then has spots going from the initial area.... i do not know what this is... its not traveling far so i am not worried at this time. i am more curious has anyone else got a really itchy spot(like a mosquito bite) - for me on a very sensitive part of my body (my areola) and then started traveling in tiny spots within a few hours... it's so itchy!!! lol

MoMoFu

Asked by MoMoFu at 9:33 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• thanks to all the lovely hormones, your skin can just do funky things while you're pregnant. I had to quit using a lotion that I had always used. maybe try switching to hypoallergenic soaps, detergents, and lotions and see if that helps.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:52 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Hmm, maybe shingles. I had an itchy thing like that near my breasts when I was younger... It travels along specific sections of your body.
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 9:37 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• might be PUPPPs

have your doctor take a look at it.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:35 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• what is puppp's?
    MoMoFu

Comment by MoMoFu (original poster) at 9:36 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• i checked out PUPPP's and i am only 17 weeks and i dont hit any of the other criteria. thank you though dark faery!! i asked my mom about it and we think maybe that is what she had. her doctor never could find out what was the cause of her rash so VERYY helpful. again thank you =)
    @preggoandfat. i checked that out out and i think i can safely rule that out. but thank you! keep em' comin' =D!!!
    MoMoFu

Comment by MoMoFu (original poster) at 9:44 PM on Aug. 13, 2010