why is my husband acting so weird?

we have been married for 4 years have two children. I'm a stay home mom. For as long as I can remember he never helps out always expects me to do everything cook,clean etc. TAKE CARE OF HIS SHIT.
Then one day out of the blue he starts helping out. CLEANING COOKING PARENTING. It would be great but every time he looks at me its like he hates me. He starts fights out of nothing hardly wants sex I don't know what the HELL is going on with him (i've tried talking it only end in an argument) It's like he a totaly changed person. I feel crazy please help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Relationships

• Maybe he did something wrong and feels guilty so he is trying to help out around the house to ease his guilt but then when he looks at you he feels bad still so he acts like a prick, just a suggestion but that's how most men work so....
    Peekalou

Answer by Peekalou at 11:07 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I say enjoy it while it last.
    meme4x

Answer by meme4x at 11:30 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Why don't you ask him?
    Anonymous

• I agree with the first answer. Maybe hes guilty about doing something. Or he wants things to be clean for someone else..who knows with men. Also he may just be seeing what you go through at home and its taking a toll on him knowing that you had to go through cleaning cooking and all that. But also enjoy it while it lasts. but then again dont let him do it all either bc he could look at you and say that you dont help anymore...its a hard one

Goingthruitall

Answer by Goingthruitall at 11:50 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Yep sounds guilty...Or he might just be trying for once. Who knows.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Had you been nagging and complaining a lot before about him not helping you? Is he stressed at work? It's hard to say without knowing other details like how you were acting towrds him leading up to this.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 12:41 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I think the girls might be on to something...maybe he cheated and is all messed up in the head.

Maybe you can turn his attitude around by appreciating him helping out. You didn't like when he wasn't helping and now that he is helping don't complain about him looking funny. Tell him thanks and ask him how was HIS day. Be the person to stop arguing and see what happens.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 1:00 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• You should always trust your own instincts and if red flags are flying then something is not quite right. but you should deal with it quietly like hopelessnance says, just turn the tables and appriciate him helping and ask about his day and stuff, but still stay aware of his behavior and how he is acting. maybe at a good time ask him if something is bothering him, and if he asks why then just say " well you seem like something is bothering you lately" but stay calm and caring when you say it. and if he says no, then just say " ok". and thats it. men don't like to be pressured, i've learned that. and just stay aware of his behavior and stuff and see what happens.
    shortcake_28

Answer by shortcake_28 at 2:13 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• He either has a guilty concious or wants something that he hasn't asked for yet.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 12:48 PM on Oct. 7, 2008