What helps you?

I am pregnant and tired almost all of the time, but can't seem to get to sleep before my husband gets home at 1:15am or after. Any suggestions, what helps you get to sleep.?

kbishop8688

Asked by kbishop8688 at 9:37 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I used to read. But if I was that uncomfotable, nothing helped.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:40 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• When I was pregnant (well all the time actually) I hardly went to bed before 12 or 1am ... I just put the TV on and turn the volume down ALL the way so that I can hardly hear it ... it actually is very tiring to struggle to listen to the TV .. especially if it's something I really want to watch. LOL .. Or I get on Facebook and chat with some friends until I can't keep my eyes open.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 9:40 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Try a hot bath, if you can still get out of the tub LOL I took a bath towards the end because I had wrestless leg syndrome so bad....I needed help getting out of the tub LOL
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:41 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I know the feeling. I used to have SOO much trouble sleeping when my hubby was not in bed with me. NOW I am glad when he is gone, cause then I have the bed to myself, and he is not shoving his knees into my butt... Try reading, or "winding down" before bed for an hour or so. And even if you can not sleep, close your eyes and rest. Also, cover your clock. I find it helps if I don't know what time it is.
    mistical_me

Answer by mistical_me at 9:42 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• @2blondebabies ... My restless leg syndrome was horrible too .. I would cry almost everynight because of it .. I even had it during the day when I was sitting at work in my chair ... I was miserable.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 9:42 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• well i have heard mommas on here say that they have taken tylenol pm when they can't get to sleep (when they were pregnant). i don't like to take medicine so i try cammomile tea. it does relax you, but i have the same problem as you. i can't sleep very well when my hubby is not home with me. i think it's more of a mental thing that you don't feel as safe without him there
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:42 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Hot bath then a good book...you will be out in no time either that or walk around the block once or twice that should do it
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 9:43 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• He doesn't go to bed with me, he'll just be home and I can fall asleep. Reading can keep me up all night and day if it's a good book, and I won't read a book that's not good. A hot bath sounds nice, but after 5 minutes I think what am I doing, I could be doing a million things right now instead of relaxing. Cammomile tea, does it taste good?
    kbishop8688

Comment by kbishop8688 (original poster) at 9:46 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• The problem is I have a 2 1/2 at home so I can't take the walk around the block, and I am miserable when I wake up with her in the morning because I am still so tired.
    kbishop8688

Comment by kbishop8688 (original poster) at 9:47 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• i used to take diphenhydramine (it's generic benadryl) you can buy it as a straight sleep aide it's safe to take while pregnant and really helps. My husband worked nights when i was pregnant i had a really hard time sleeping but i also had insomnia once i hit my second trimester it was rough
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 9:47 PM on Aug. 13, 2010