Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

i live in the state of florida. i want to know is there any kind of document i can obtain because my son's father is crazy unstable and i dont trust him. and if anything should happen if i died or passed away i would want my parents to get custody of my son. is there something i could do.


Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

This question is closed.
Answers (8)
  • you are going to have to contact a lawyer. plain and simple to get the deffinate answer.

    Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:50 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

  • Just because you state in a will that your parent are suppose to get your son, it doesnt mean that he will. You need to strip him of his parental rights if you think he in that unstable.

    Answer by Decker at 9:59 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

  • Make a will lining out who you want to have custody of your son, in tge event of your death.

    Answer by victoriamom2007 at 9:50 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

  • agree with PP

    Answer by DeeMarie87 at 9:52 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

  • Talk to a lawyer. You may have to have his paternal rights taken away. He's the father, he does have a right to his child unless you can prove he doesn't deserve it.

    Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:54 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

  • I is called a will.

    Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:54 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

  • You need more than a will. A child is not property to be handed off to someone else. You must get his rights removed or prove him unfit and only get suervised visits. Maybe your parents could them get them and he could get visitaion.

    Answer by cassey.e at 11:11 PM on Aug. 13, 2010


    These website should help a little, yes you need a will and you should get a power of attorney in the event of death, and also and cassey is right while you are in this mode you need to get some document stating that they get them in the event...

    Answer by Cajuntexan03 at 1:58 AM on Aug. 14, 2010