Meanie Grandparents.

any tips?
basically they dont care about any of there grand kids
just complain about them,
and i notice the kids dont care for them neither, and even dont want to be anywhere near them,
with a baby on the way how do i not let grumpy meanie grandparents
affect my child, i hate for them to think that my father like that because daddy's parents are.
srry not sure what cagtegory to put this in.

frankye

Asked by frankye at 10:07 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• That is too bad. It's hard to know why. I don't have any suggestions. I love having my grandchildren around.

Answer by Bmat at 10:10 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Just fill your child's life with love and attention so the mean grandparents won't be that important to him/her.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:10 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• well if your kids don't like them and they don't like your kids i would just let them spend the minimal amount of time together. like on birthdays and holidays and that's it. if your father likes spending time with them, i would let them see him on birthdays, holidays and also social visits.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:11 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• They are lucky to be in the same state as their grandparents.
    We were always moving ---Air Force family....and living in other parts of the country and in Germany -twice-and my kids missed having grandparents nearby. They loved their grandparents and they loved the kids. I don't get how that is not happening with YOURS????
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:24 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Oh---and I absolutely LOVE all my 7 grandkids. I can't imagine life without them.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:25 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• my father is out of state :(
    frankye

Comment by frankye (original poster) at 10:26 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• my sons grandparents dont care for him an never seen him(2 are crap talkers an one is homeless), we just give our son lots of love an treat him the way that he should be treated. one day hell ask why they dont care for him an the best thing is the truth

id say if your kids dont like them an they dont really care maybe keep them away from each other for a while? see how it goes?
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 11:02 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Put them in a home. They'll appreciate seeing their grandkids when visiting hour rolls around.
    KellyParadise

Answer by KellyParadise at 11:32 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Why do they complain about their grandchildren? They are just pushing them away. Sometime when you are alone with them ask them why they treat them like this. You deserve an answer. I am surprised that one of the kids hasn't said, "Why are so mean to me?"
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:27 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I have the same problem 2. I just show my son extra love and allow close friends be Auntie's Uncle's. The ask why isnt he this....? Why isnt he that.......? I feel ya! I need an answer also. Here something that might put you in a good mood and that mood will pass to your children. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9K4BKkLaCI

Dont Worry .........high five

Seterah1010

Answer by Seterah1010 at 5:20 AM on Aug. 14, 2010