help me out lady, i feel like i'm getting mixed signals or maybe being too sensitive.

My mom introduced me to this guy she knows, he's a year older than me and he's a really sweet guy. He and my mom get along really well and even crack jokes while working (they work together). She added him on facebook lol and then when he told my mom that he was checking out my facebook and thought he might have seen me around, I added him.

We started shooting messages back and fourth and he told me to text him and gave me his number.

We've been talking 2 weeks and hung out one time. He met my one year old daughter and I for lunch one day and we got along well and he said he wanted to hang out again.

We haven't gotten to though because every time we try to hang out something comes up with him :/

He works 8am to 2pm mon. through fri. and then coaches select soccer from 5 to 8 mon. through thursday. plays indoor soccer on friday nights and has some friends leaving for college...(more coming)

collegexmamix28

Asked by collegexmamix28 at 10:24 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• leaving for college soon and he's been partying with them on the weekends. I totally understand he's busy...but it's hard not to feel like you are being blown off when every time for the past 2 weeks you've tried to hang out he's had to cancel or not been able to.

For example...yesterday he worked 8 to 2 then he coached and one of the kids got hurt so he went to the hospital to check on him and didn't get out of there til around 10:30 and was supposed to come over and watch movies but said he couldn't cause he was super tired but he texted me for a while telling me he wished he could have come and he was sorry and stuff. He always talks about wanting to cuddle up and watch movies and how when we both have some more free time we will hang out and he'll stay with me and stuff.

I guess i just need some reassurance that you all think he really wants to hang and isn't blowing me off...i don't want to end up feeling stupid
    collegexmamix28

Comment by collegexmamix28 (original poster) at 10:27 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• LADIES* gah, sorry bout the title...major type-o
    collegexmamix28

• You're going to post more?
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 10:29 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I go by actions not words. I don't care what a man tells me. What he does is the truth behind his words. If they don't match then something is wrong. If he wanted to hang out with you, he'd make you a priority by making some time for you.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 10:32 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• He sounds immature, and not ready for any kind of relationship. You shouldn't hold your breath. I had a boyfriend like that. He had had a bad relationship in the past, and it scared him off. I suppose your guy could have had this same sort of experience, and just be scared off. But it gets old. And for me, I got tired of it. I moved on. By the time he got his shit together, it was too late. Just don't keep from making plans with other people, other guys, in hopes of seeing him.
    You could also ask your mom if she has any idea what's up with him.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 10:35 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I think he sounds like a caring individual. That means he cares for the kids he coachs too. He may not be blowing you off, I think he is just busy. You two haven't even really had a date yet so if he didn't want to hang out with you he would stop answering your texts. If you are really concerned, ask him directly. Tell him you don't want to make a big deal out of this but you are confused and ask him to set things straight for you.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 10:37 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• If he doesn't have time for you now in the early/exciting stages of the relationship, what do you think will happen later....watch "He's just not that into you". If he actually likes you, he will find a way.

You said it started happening after lunch with you and your daughter, maybe he just doesn't want that for himself.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 10:39 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I agree, you can still hang out with him but keep your options open, you might find someone whos a bit more willing to make an effort, and he could just be buisy too, who knows.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 10:40 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Take it slowly, keep it cool. He may be agreeing about getting together just so he doesn't aggravate your mom by aggravating you. It may be easier to him to agree than to say forget it. Actually, I'd move on. If in the future he has time, then fine, but I sure wouldn't count on it and I wouldn't look at all toward him as a relationship. As I said, back off. He knows where to find you if he changes his mind.

Answer by Bmat at 11:07 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• How old is he? If he has friends leaving for college, I'm assuming he's young and you are too? Perhaps he likes you but he doesn't want to get saddled in a relationship with a woman who has a small child. He probably wants to have fun. I think he likes you and wants to get closer to you, but your lifestyle is at odds with his right now...

I could be wrong, but give it time and see. In the meantime, keep your options open. :) Good Luck.
    KellyParadise

Answer by KellyParadise at 11:28 PM on Aug. 13, 2010