Is it normal for my daughter to just cry for no reason once i get home from work?

When i get home from work she gives me a smile like she is happy to see me and then she starts to trow herslef around and cry. I go to walk at her and she runs and lays on the floor kicking her legs and arms...I was wondering if anyone could help me with this am not sure as to what i should do...

nhemmingsen

Asked by nhemmingsen at 11:10 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Not sure. Have you asked her why or is she old enough to talk to you yet? Sounds like a temper tantrum to me. Sorry that I'm not more help then that.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 11:13 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• How old is she? That sounds exactly like my daughter's "terrible twos", which started at about 18 months. When my daughter did this, I would go into another room; once she realized she didn't have an audience, she stopped the tantrum.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 11:15 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• She is just starting to talk...I could use all the help i can get..You are helpful becasue i though that it might be one to...But how should i handle that...
    nhemmingsen

Comment by nhemmingsen (original poster) at 11:15 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• that is how old my daughter is...I hope she dosent do this for very long...
    nhemmingsen

Comment by nhemmingsen (original poster) at 11:17 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• if you do think that it's a temper tantrum. Maybe a time out until she can calm down.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 1:01 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• My daughter (16 mos) does that and all she wants is for me to pick her up. As soon as I pick her up she stops and is completely fine but if I go to put her back down she does it again. I do not want to encourage her to cry for my attention so I usually ignore her until she stops and then ill go pick her up and say hi baby girl im glad you stopped that fit on your own or something like that so when she can understand me she will understand that i was ignoring the fit not her
    ladybugky88

Answer by ladybugky88 at 3:48 PM on Aug. 15, 2010