• In the Spotlight:

How to

I was offered a job to work from home by a company names Alpine Access. I did great on all the tests and the interview but I want to know, what they are looking for on the credit check. My credit is very poor and I was praying that they only cared about theft or fraud or something like that but I dont know. I was wondering if somebody knew any details

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Money & Work

• Are they doing a credit check or a background check? A background check will show theft and fraud charges, while a credit check will show your credit score and possibly who/what you owe to other companies.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:29 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Some things that may be helpful to read:
    http://www.jobvent.com/alpine-access-job-reviews-C4994

I would never trust a company wanting to run a "credit check" EVER! Background check is getting more and more common though.

Good luck!
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 12:25 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Unless you will be handling money (such as in an accounting or finance role), there is no reason for an employer to run a credit check.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:58 AM on Aug. 14, 2010