FootBall Practice?

I am at a point where I am not sure what to do. My little Boy is getting ready to turn 7 and he's been looking forward to playing Football for two years. I signed him up and next week is when they get fitted for equipment. However, he has Albinism and while I do not let that hold him back, I have to weigh the risks. The heat is so hard on him. This is the hottest Summer we have had in forever. We have had heat advisorys for the past week here in Kentucky. I am praying about what to do but I just don't know. I want him to be able to play because he is looking forward to it but I am not sure he can stand the heat.

hsmominky

Asked by hsmominky at 11:23 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would also talk to the coach and ask him what he thinks and if is ok with your little guy playing then ask him to take it easy on him...
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:09 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Maybe you could speak with his Dr. and see what they recommend.
    cassey.e

Answer by cassey.e at 11:42 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Totally talk to the coach. Email him or her and ask when would be a good time to stop by, or meet for a coffee, ytou have some concerns.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 9:41 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• If the doctor ok's him to play, then you should let him.
    I'm not sure when you guys practice, but we practice from 6-8pm - it's cooler than during the day.
    Just give him plenty of gatorade, bring an ice pack to put on his neck to help cool him down faster.

ARmom

Answer by ARmom at 10:32 PM on Aug. 14, 2010