It's now been a whole week

since Prop 8 was overturned in CA. Has your marriage changed? Did your dog die? Have you filed for divorce and lost your children? Did your husband leave you for a german shephard? Those of you who insist gay marriage must be outlawed to protect the sanctity of marriage, how's your sanctity this week?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 11:23 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• All of the above and mine is in the crapper ;) I dont think anyone REALLY believes that it will affect THEIR marriage. That doesnt even make sense. I think some people see it as morally wrong and like other morally wrong things should be illegal. And for the love of GOD thats NOT MY OPINION I am JUST saying thats what SOME PEOPLE think.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:25 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• lmao, love it! and bumping it lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:26 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• RIGHT ON! I doubt you'll get a real answer. Every one that's against it will just continue to say "God days it's a sin" They can never give you a real answer. It would be nice to see on but not going to happen.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:32 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• *says
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:33 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Gay marriage Pictures, Images and Photos
    Gay Straight Black White Marriage is a Civil Right Pictures, Images and Photos 

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:40 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I really don't think we should use MY marriage as an example..We are moving....
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:42 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Perhaps you did not have children in California's public schools during the first go-round of legal gay marriage. The consequences at that time were so outrageous that a 2nd initiative was mounted to make a stand about it.

The first time, I and many other people were on the side of "civil rights" ... but when those civil rights were exploited by gay activists to force gay-proselytizing curriculum and "values-correction" programs on younger and younger grades, our eyes were opened to the true agenda behind the gay activists' rhetoric about equal rights. ... and we voted differently the second time.

I still believe in equal rights. I cannot understand why a civil union is less comprehensive than a marriage union in our legal system. I can't see any reason why a life partner of the same gender should have fewer rights than a life partner of the opposite gender.

But for some reason gay marriage is used as a foot in the door ...
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 11:43 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• The first time, I and many other people were on the side of "civil rights" ... but when those civil rights were exploited by gay activists to force gay-proselytizing curriculum and "values-correction" programs on younger and younger grades, our eyes were opened to the true agenda behind the gay activists' rhetoric about equal rights. ... and we voted differently the second time.

A foot in the door for WHAT? What is the "gay agenda"?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:53 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Love this!!!! Bumped you!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 12:30 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Perhaps you did not have children in California's public schools during the first go-round of legal gay marriage

To what, specifically are you referring? The fictitious claims of a book being used to indoctrinate kindergarteners that same sex relations were ok?

Are you referring to the chain email that circulated regarding the passing of Harvey Milk Day? That letter was a reaction by the tight sphinters that think accepting people as they are and recognizing their public accomplishments is all a precursor to "the big bad gay".
    Youngwifey2

Answer by Youngwifey2 at 1:05 AM on Aug. 14, 2010