how do you get a daddy to see his youngones more than once every three months

my girls daddy has nothing to do with them but maybe every three months it really aggitates me he keeps my childrens clothes and shoes and he has a girlfriend but wont give me a divorce been trying for 3 years now to get it

tweetheart123

Asked by tweetheart123 at 11:36 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Kids' Health

• well honestly i wouldn't send my girls to him. especially if he is so disinterested. and sweety you do not need him to get a divorce just file for one. If he signs the papers great. If he doesn't you'll still end up divorced ... i think you can file on your own. contact your local supreme court house and find out what you have to do. hopefully you won't have to pay.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 11:43 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• If he's only seeing them once every three months, it doesn't sound like he's interested at all. Also, no more than he's seeing them, why is he keeping there clothes? They could outgrow them before they wear them again. This is reason enough to get their clothes.Go ahead and file for divorce, evidently he's moved on. Getting a divorce is a step in the right direction.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 11:50 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• you cannot make him WANT to see his kids...I have been trying to get my ex to be interested for over a decade and he only will if his mom forces him to be interested.
    He gives me the excuse that it hurts to see or talk to the kids so he feels better to leave them alone...well guess what they don't feel better....ugghhh! I could go on and on about this topic
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:36 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• good luck i have a srry as* ex who ahs not seen his son since he was 2 he is now 9
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 2:00 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• thanx everyone for your answers this helps alot thank you all
    tweetheart123

Comment by tweetheart123 (original poster) at 2:28 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Just remember it could be worse-- my twins' dad only sees them once or twice a year and tells them its because I won't let him see them which isn't true. I have to threaten to have his child support payments increased because he has gotten several raises since the last review. If you find a way to get a father to want to see his kids, let me know. This has caused alot of behavior problems with one of them.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 5:53 PM on Nov. 17, 2010