Did the Texas Chainsaw Massacre really happen?

My hubby is a die hard horror movie freak and with the Halloween season upon us, he tells me that the Texas chainsaw massacre is real and is still unsolved to this day. Is this true? Im just curious, because hubby is good for telling me stuff like this and it not being true.

Oldham80

Asked by Oldham80 at 11:12 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Just for Fun

• yes
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 11:14 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• It's very true. I don't think the sequels are true, but the original is very true. And it's also true that it's unsolved. If those crazy people are still alive then they are still out there somewhere, getting away with horrific murders
    Galikian

Answer by Galikian at 11:21 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Yes. The movie is based on a true story. SCARY!!
    meriahmn

Answer by meriahmn at 11:28 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• My husband is the same way. But I think that my husband and I watched something about it being real. I think that it happend but no one really knows unless they were there. You know what I mean?
    Goingthruitall

Answer by Goingthruitall at 11:34 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Sorry but the answer is No. It is actually based loosely on the story of Ed Gein. Who was a real person. He used to rob graves and eat the flesh. He had quite an obsession with woman's genitalia. He would tan the skin and use the leather to make lamp shades and would use the bones to make furniture. When he branched out of the graveyard and started killing people he was caught after a few murders. The scariest part of his story was that he babysat children for his neighbors. Everyone thought he was benign.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 11:37 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• MomShawn70 is correct...
    Check it out on Snopes..
    http://www.snopes.com/movies/films/chainsaw.asp
    4xmommy2008

Answer by 4xmommy2008 at 11:42 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I knew that off the top of my head too. Oh boy what does that say about me? hahaha
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 11:53 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I don't trust that snopes site. I checked things on there before and what snopes had posted was completely false
    Galikian

Answer by Galikian at 12:04 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• The texas massacre DID HAPPEN. check the newspaper archives in that town. It will tell you all about it.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 1:07 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Nope. It was loosely based on the killer Ed Gein.
    Dark_Princess_2

Answer by Dark_Princess_2 at 3:08 AM on Oct. 7, 2008