Should copying something completely from another site and presenting it here

word for word as your own personal problem or thought be a reporting/suspension offense? Not talking about things with links included, but truly impersonating whoever the original author was and not providing a link to the original blog or forum post.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 12:03 AM on Aug. 14, 2010 in About CafeMom

• yes, that's plagiarism (sp?), but idk how you would find that out/prove it. it would be hard bc of screen names and they could argue that they are the same person kwim. but yeah, that's definitely wrong

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 12:05 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Well like that question that was just deleted - all it took was a google search for a few words and the original post was right there on another site. I've done it frequently, and usually it comes up with a blog - 50/50 the blog is written by a man.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 12:06 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• o really? well i guess that would explain a few things about that question in particular. wow i guess some people have nothing better to do i guess? no original thoughts in their head? that's really amazing
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 12:08 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• who has a blog is not also a member of CM

If the blog is written by someone named George they shouldn't be a member of CM. Also if the blog is posted commercially, the original author is not going to copy and paste the text here and break copyright - that's the same as volunteering to let people use their work for free without permission.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 12:08 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• OOOHHHH, I missed it, but yeah that's wrong!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:10 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• What did I miss now? I always miss the good stuff
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 12:39 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Interesting. Yea, I think it's wrong.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:09 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• agree Moms_Angels. Like I said last night, I always miss the good stuff, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

• What did I miss now?

Someone went and dug up some older entries from a rather well known European blog and started directly copy and pasting pieces of them into questions as if they were his/her own real problems and thoughts. Someone else googled one of them and found it, and a few more of his/her questions brought up the same website, with different entries from 3 years ago. S/he at least has the sense to delete them when you put the link in an answer for him/her.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 3:20 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• thats bad and sad i mean if they have nothing to writw about then why do they have to go and copy someone else.
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 10:11 AM on Aug. 14, 2010